Search Topic:
share rss forum feed

justin9876

join:2006-04-21
Keller, TX
reply to pflog

Re: NHL Network not coming to FIOS?

said by pflog:

And Verizon seems to be the only TV provider that's way behind the game.
The only provider behind? Try Charter Cable, they are in the Stone Age compared to FiOS.

Yes, you have the right to complain. Have you done so? To Verizon, I mean. Complaining here may make you feel a little better but it isn't going to affect Verizon's plan and schedule one bit.

FWIW, I have had FiOS TV for over two years now, love it, but sure do wish they would do 3 things: 1) Add some HD channels, even if they aren't ones I particularly care about, just show some direction, 2) Deliver some VOD HD, even if it is only one program, again, show some direction, and 3) Not deliver the new IMG to me, maybe even forever, I am perfectly happy with the old guide
--
Justin
Verizon FiOS TV and Internet
Motorola QIP6416 HD DVR
Sony KDL-V40XBR1

knarf829

join:2007-06-02
kudos:1

said by guppy_fish:

My point was that might take a year to get all the new channels online ... I've waited for ISDN, Then Cable now Fiber and I can wait a few months for the full line up without wining like a little girlie.
said by pflog:

Who's whining like a girl? I just want to be able to watch HD content on my HD service. And Verizon seems to be the only TV provider that's way behind the game. I'm a paying customer, I have a right to complain about what I'm getting or not getting.
said by justin9876:

Yes, you have the right to complain. Have you done so? To Verizon, I mean. Complaining here may make you feel a little better but it isn't going to affect Verizon's plan and schedule one bit.
Having the right to complain doesn't make the complaint any less girly. And pointing out that you have a right to complain may indeed make the complaining more whiny and girly.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to justin9876

No I haven't, but you're right I should, and so should EVERYONE here. Have you? If not, you should, too
--
"The Dude abides."

knarf829

said by pflog:

No I haven't, but you're right I should, and so should EVERYONE here. Have you? If not, you should, too
I'm happy with the current HD Lineup.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
reply to knarf829

said by knarf829:

Having the right to complain doesn't make the complaint any less girly. And pointing out that you have a right to complain may indeed make the complaining more whiny and girly.
Ok, so I'm supposed to just sit here and be happy that Verizon can't provide the same channels that competitors can? Give me a break. Call it girly if you want, but what we're all asking for isn't unreasonable. If you don't want to complain and are happy with the HD channels available, fine. But there are plenty of us who think Verizon is majorly dropping the ball on HD content.
--
"The Dude abides."

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
reply to knarf829

said by knarf829:

said by pflog:

Well good for you. Many others are not. Just because you're happy with the available HD channels, doesn't mean everyone else is.
--
"The Dude abides."

knarf829

said by pflog:

said by knarf829:

said by pflog:

Well good for you. Many others are not. Just because you're happy with the available HD channels, doesn't mean everyone else is.
I'm happy and staying. What are you doing about the way you feel about it?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA

said by knarf829:

I'm going to call and complain. Wow, I don't get how some people have to defend these big companies. I hope you have Verizon stock.
--
"The Dude abides."

knarf829

said by pflog:

said by knarf829:

I'm going to call and complain. Wow, I don't get how some people have to defend these big companies. I hope you have Verizon stock.
If you think I'm a Verizon defender, you haven't been reading these boards enough.