Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

1 edit

Jodokast96 to Telcoguru

Premium Member

to Telcoguru

Re: Dsl works but phone does not.

Thanks for the backup on that. I wasn't 100% sure, but thought I remembered someone here running into something like that in the past.
JohnA4
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA

JohnA4

Premium Member

I'll just echo that Jodo is correct, and add that when this occurs your internet connection is usually erratic (ie the speed fluctuates in no particular pattern).

Phillip, they are probably just rebooting the edge router that feeds your neighborhood. Be glad that your CO techs bother to quickly check it, when the ticket shows up. Not all COs respond that way.

Same problem you see if you let your PC run for 6 months without rebooting. MS usually doesn't let that ever occur, if you stay updated, they reboot you every month. This is why the tech speech starts with: reboot the router, clear the cookies and cache, reboot the PC.....

anon name
@verizon.net

anon name

Anon

said by JohnA4:

Phillip, they are probably just rebooting the edge router that feeds your neighborhood. Be glad that your CO techs bother to quickly check it, when the ticket shows up. Not all COs respond that way.
Ah ha! I can tell you defintely one reason that not all CO techs respond this way becuase not all end office COs have any router like that in their building. In my area, the back ends of the DSLAMs all go to a kind of hub switch in another office. If this is what you mean here, then it's that office's techs that are fixing it, not the serving CO techs.

If it's on the customer side of the dslam, I've not heard of it. All my customers are directly fed from the dslams. Like I said, different areas will have vastly different equipment. But it makes perfect sense that something like this would cause this problem.

At least here I can look stupid anonymously, hehehe.

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

said by anon name :

At least here I can look stupid anonymously, hehehe.
Well, if you can figure out a way to get me off of a Juniper and back onto a Redback router, I'll upgrade you to Super-Duper Ultra Premium status, lol.