vapochilled
Premium Member
join:2004-11-23
Macungie, PA

vapochilled to dromas

Premium Member

to dromas

Re: anyone run into similar problems with advertised speeds

Paying for 7 down, getting a whisker under one right now! SECT has sucked for months now!
Will I ever live to see Fios,lol
moresuo
join:2001-08-26
Stewartsville, NJ

moresuo

Not likely. I just checked with Verizon and their reps have roll out listings going out about 18 months. My area isn't even on the list.

You do know that Verizon got permission about 8 years ago to collect a "tax" specifically to raise capital to make fiber [FiOS] ubiquitous in their coverage area. In that eight years they have collected over 2 BILLION DOLLARS that was to be specifically used to roll out FiOS and it was supposed to be COMPLETED last year.

We really need to lean on the Public Utilities commission and our State Assemblymen and Senators to get Verizon to do what they were suppose to do with the money they collected FROM US [instead of what they did with it which was to place it in their general fund and raise their stock price].

We were all supposed to have fiber access by now. We paid the freight up front. Verizon kept the money and didn't make good on its promise to provide the service.