spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kharley
@bellsouth.net

kharley

Anon

Westell 6100

I have a software I downloaded but I am unable to use it, I can download it and install it but when I try to open it to use it tells me I have to be connected to the internet to register the software but I am connected. I am at my witts end here can anybody tell me how to fix this problem, Thank you.

nwrickert
Mod
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL

nwrickert

Mod

If you are indeed connected to the internet, and can use your browser without difficulty, then the problem might be with the software that is complaining that you are not connected.

I seem to remember a few years ago, when somebody I know had IE setup to use the company proxy, via a VPN to work, and had Netscape setup for direct browsing on the internet. She was connected to the internet, because netscape worked. But some software failed because it was accessing the IE configuration to decide whether connected, but the VPN was not up at the time.

In any case, your problem does not seem to be a Westell 6100 issue.

eplebnista
Premium Member
join:2006-06-07
Muscle Shoals, AL

eplebnista to kharley

Premium Member

to kharley
I ran across something similar with the firmware update utlity that is bundled with ASUS 16x DVD Burners. The utility is supposed to check online and automatically update the firmware of the drive, but for some reason the only time it saw the internet is when I launched Outlook Express (launching IE didn't work) and immediately launched the firmware utility which then did its checking and updating correctly.