Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

THX 1138
neo-luddite
Premium
join:2007-01-24
San Jose, CA

How Can I Update SpeedStream 4100 Firmware?

It sure looks like Siemens is getting out of the retail DSL modem business. They've pretty much killed all the links to SpeedStream 4100 modem help/downloads.

Most of the links that are posted on this board have recently gone dead regarding updating the SpeedStream 4100.

I have a perfectly usable SpeedStream 4100 that has Firmware 1.0.0.48. I'd like to update it to Firmware 1.0.0.53, but can't seem to find any links that will get me there. It seems way too early for Siemens to kill any links for firmware updates.

I guess the On/Off Switch issue killed the retail modem issue for Siemens. Man, that was one big goof. Saved a couple of pennies, and killed a multi-million dollar business. Who knew?

Sorry for the commentary, but anyone know how I can reliably update the firmware on my Siemens SpeedStream 4100? Thanks very much for your help.

AlphaOne
I see
Premium
join:2004-02-21

Here:
»subscriber.communications.siemen···00.shtml

THX 1138
neo-luddite
Premium
San Jose, CA

AlphaOne, You_da_man. Thanks very much for your help. I don't know why, but finding this firmware update has been very frustrating... until now. Thanks again.

AlphaOne
I see
Premium

No problem.

AlphaOne
I see
Premium
reply to THX 1138

By the way, it's in the FAQ too:
»AT&T Midwest/Ameritech FAQ »Where can I get the 1.0.0.53 firmware update for the 4100?

THX 1138
neo-luddite
Premium
San Jose, CA

Yessss. I see that now. I could have *sworn* I visited the latest FAQ a couple of days ago and found all the hyperlinks dead. Just shows to go ya, posting on a forum is dangerous to your ego.

d_l
Barsoom
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-08
Reno, NV
kudos:7
reply to THX 1138

You may be correct that the FAQ's links were dead. It definitely happened for a while last summer (maybe a week or two), so Siemens might have briefly had broken links again when you just checked . ... and they seem to be out of the DSL modem business.