uniqs
deadzoned
Premium Member
join:2005-04-13
Cypress, TX

deadzoned

Premium Member

It would be interesting...

I will say this first: I have never used any type of Torrent software before so I know next to nothing about it. My opinions below stem from what I have heard and read, nothing more and nothing less, so I could be completely wrong about how I understood these things to work.

Anyway...

It would be interesting to see what would happen if everyone were to completely stop using Torrents and started using things like E-Mail clients and Web Mail services instead to send larger files.

I mean isn't the concept of a Torrent better for the Broadband Companies bandwidth issues since it breaks a large file up into smaller pieces before sending it?

What is better? Sending a 5GB file to someone all at once through G-Mail or using a Torrent? I don't know myself, so I guess I am asking.

Madcap
Baby's on Fire
Premium Member
join:2004-06-26
Fpo, AP

Madcap

Premium Member

said by deadzoned:

What is better? Sending a 5GB file to someone all at once through G-Mail or using a Torrent? I don't know myself, so I guess I am asking.
You pose an interesting question. I own multiple GMail accounts at their current 3.7gig (I think) limit. Allowing my own website has no limit on email size for listed accounts. What would they do if I backed up a ton of my personal files (photos, cam phone movies from less then bright friends, some kinky amateur footage of myself and ... true ladies who were drawn in by my ... charisma?). Spreadsheets, Unofficial transcripts, my comp sci materials. All of that and just let it email the rar to my website. Send it from GMail's interface to my own website of say a 7-9gig maybe double digit gig upload and see what happens.