uniqs
Sbrav77
Premium Member
join:2004-03-02
Bourbonnais, IL

Sbrav77

Premium Member

[Verizon] Tower upgrade??

Hello. Just today I noticed that on my phone, I had a fairly strong EVDO signal. I have never been able to get EVDO before. Could they have upgraded our area or the towers? Just wondering. Not that I"m complaining. I was just curious.

Optimized
MVM,
join:2001-05-03
Ringwood, NJ

Optimized

MVM,

said by Sbrav77:

Could they have upgraded our area or the towers?
It could just be the start of an upgrade for the area or just the tower you were using. I did a Verizon search for your vicinity and there does not seem to be any BroadbandAccess coverage close to you.

Hopefully that's changing ...
Sbrav77
Premium Member
join:2004-03-02
Bourbonnais, IL

Sbrav77

Premium Member

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I get a better EVDO signal at work. Prior to this, the closest I was able to get this signal was around the Springfield area. Maybe they just started rolling out the service in our area and their website isn't updated yet. Like I said, it just started yesterday.

NY Tel
Premium Member
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY

NY Tel

Premium Member

said by Sbrav77:

Guess I'll just have to wait and see. I get a better EVDO signal at work. Prior to this, the closest I was able to get this signal was around the Springfield area. Maybe they just started rolling out the service in our area and their website isn't updated yet. Like I said, it just started yesterday.
You should dial *228 then press SEND and when the recording comes on, press 2 to update your PRL.

This should be done monthly.

Randy34
Premium Member
join:2006-04-25
Springfield, IL

Randy34 to Sbrav77

Premium Member

to Sbrav77
I would say its a fluke, but then again I was shocked when they released it in Springfield / Decatur market. Keep us posted though on what happens.