Search similar:

uniqs

areoh
join:2001-11-10
Kansas City, MO

1 edit

areoh

CableOne Losing Customers due to caps?

I'm wondering how many "power users" are starting to leave CableOne due to issues similar to this review: »Review of Sparklight by In_Boise

I don't use Torrents, but due to the super-low upload cap, the ones that do are probably having quite a time struggling with bandwidth.

Have you or are you moving to a new provider due to these issues? Myself? I've looked into it, but unfortunately, their service is still the fastest and best option in our area.

I remind everyone to send their comments and disapproval to CableOne via the "contact form" at cableone.net.

InGreenwood

Anon

Losing is spelled with one O, I can't make loosing make any sense in that phrase.

Assuming you meant losing, it solves the problem, if 10% are hogging 80% of the bandwidth and they leave, that is a win for everyone else. Their performance picks up by 5 to 1. Since losing 10% of the income opened up all that bandwidth for CableOne to sell to more reasonable (to them) customers, it is a win for CableOne. So one hopes the 'power users' are distressed enough to get a private T3, it would be great for everyone. (Everyone not paying the bill for a private T3, that is)

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

Sorry my spelling offended you.
Expand your moderator at work

GuyOnComputer
@cableone.net

GuyOnComputer to areoh

Anon

to areoh

Re: CableOne Losing Customers due to caps?

I'm constantly capped at the 4MB speed and I have 8MB service...this is pissing me off. I dont even download anything. I come home, turn my computer on and my speed is capped.

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

What's tech support say? Give them a call.

InGreenwood to GuyOnComputer

Anon

to GuyOnComputer
Have you run the Tweak test here on DSLReports?
»/tweaks
sheureka
join:2002-09-28
Bisbee, AZ

sheureka to areoh

to areoh
I don't think most of us on CableONE have any choice - there's nothing else available. - sheureka

areoh
Kansas City, MO

areoh

True.

In my case (and assuming others as well), the DSL alternatives are simply not up to par w/ CableONE's speeds - caps or no caps. IE, in my part of town, only the 1.5 Meg Qwest tier is available (NOT the 7000/1000 plan).

There are other small companies that can provide 3.0Meg DSL, but they're way too expensive.

Sad but true.
ThePug
join:2007-07-25
Sioux City, IA

ThePug

Yeah, I switched to the Qwest DSL plan. 3mb, not as fast as the new plans from CableOne, but I like the constant speed. No outages like CableOne and they have wonderful technical support. $40 for 3mb / month.