Search similar:

uniqs

Barnsley_FC
@verizon.net

Barnsley_FC

Anon

Black side bars for the guide on HD channels

Hi,

Does anybody else have black side bars on the guide in HD? In SD the guide is stretched across the screen correctly. This was an issue with the previous IPG and is still an issue with the new IMG.

I called Verizon tech support - the guy manged to replicate my issue and said it might be fixed in later releases of the IMG.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Barnsley_FC

Barnsley_FC

Anon

This issue is only when I go through HDMI (1080). If I use the regular input 1 everything is fine but the picture quality is only 480.

Does anybody else have this "squashed guide" when going through 1080?
Ronin_R6
join:2007-03-30
Chantilly, VA

Ronin_R6 to Barnsley_FC

to Barnsley_FC
The guide has a 4:3 aspect ratio. Thats the way it was designed.

On a widescreen TV the only way the guide covers the whole width is because you are streching 4:3 content.

Turn off the wide stretch on the display and watch SD in the proper aspect ratio, that way people dont look short and fat.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to Barnsley_FC

Premium Member

to Barnsley_FC
It is normal for the guide to not fill the screen when on a HD channel. It is a SD overlay on the HD channel.

Barnsley_FC
@verizon.net

Barnsley_FC

Anon

Even on the SD channels on 1080 the guide is squashed. It looks terrible.

Will this be fixed in subsequent releases of the guide?

Welcome2
@pfs.com

Welcome2 to Barnsley_FC

Anon

to Barnsley_FC
What is vr after hours support tel number?

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream to Barnsley_FC

MVM

to Barnsley_FC
When you power off the box and push menu, do you have a resolution set up screen like on the Comcast boxes?
bnceo
join:2007-10-11
Bel Air, MD

bnceo to Barnsley_FC

to Barnsley_FC
I got the same thing. I don't see that big of a problem in it. The Guide isn't HD, but SD. So instead of stretching it, it stays in its resolution. Not that huge deal to me.