spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

timmyduboy

join:2007-10-28

[Cable] Optimum TV not working without box?

I have IO Digital Cable in my apartment and the TV downstairs uses a digital cable box and works fine.

The problem is, upstairs we want to connect another TV and get analog channels without using a cable box. I have the cable line and connecting it to the back of the TV leads to a blue screen on every channel! Even when I put the cable line into the IN end of a splitter and connecting it to the TV in that way, it only picks up channels 2 and 4 (fuzzy). In addition to that, if I put the line in all the way it goes blue again! Only if it's half in does it show the one channel.

I can watch the Jets for now so no complaints, but what can I do to fix this? Can somebody point me to a guide or speculate as to what I need to do in order to obtain the normal cable channels.

I apologize if I don't know terminology or if this is the wrong place to bring this, I'm just clueless and desperate!

Tim

Greg_Z
Premium
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL
Are you sure that you have the set set for CATV? If so, and still not working, there could be anything from the line is not connected at the splitter, or cut line.

Downstairs, can you connect directly to the same set and pick up Analog channels? I would try that, and look for the first after checking.

timmyduboy

I have my set set for Cable STD, and when I switch it back to the Air setting, there's no difference.

The cable goes into the wall, but I believe that it's direct. This set picked up analog channels downstairs.

Greg_Z
Premium
join:2001-08-08
Springfield, IL
Then it is a bad cable, or not hooked up at all.

timmyduboy

thank you