spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sml1771

join:2006-11-20
Sterling Heights, MI

DVR didn't record scheduled programs ???

I had my DVR set up to record several programs today and it didn't record any of them. The programs weren't repeats either. Any idea why this might happen ? Should I try and unplug the box from the wall to reset it ?

Also, yesterday I noticed that it was recording a show I never set up to record. When I tried to stop it, it wouldn't stop, it kept recording. Once the show was done it never wound up on the program list either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Inflex

join:2002-09-05

Yeah, the DVR's have a tendency to lose their mind.

A reboot should put things in order.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to sml1771

Re: DVR didn't record scheduled programs ???

The episodes may be reruns. You can record all or just 1st run episodes.

I had to get Shark to record Sundays for 1.5 hours because Cold Case always runs over.

My wife is so thrilled when George Bush is recorder instead of her soap opera!
--
Jim -- USA2K, SEE: Darlin' REBEKAH, VoIP since 12/2002, Packet8 since 12/2006. VOIPo in Beta, and former Vonage . . .

sml1771

join:2006-11-20
Sterling Heights, MI
reply to sml1771

Thanks for your help. I unplugged it, so I hope it works. I'll see tomorrow when I get back from work.

nickz
In A Past Life I Was Astroguy
Premium
join:2001-12-04
Hammond, IN
reply to sml1771

My experience has been that from time to time, new shows don't record (when the program is set to "first run only") because the guide data does not correctly show the program as "new". Check the guide. If they show up in red, they are set to record. If they don't show up as red, check the info on the program and I bet it doesn't say "new". I record The Daily Show and I was missing new episodes once every week or two and discovered this. I get around this by setting it to record all in the time slot, and I just delete the reruns.

What I really hate is the beginning and ends of shows getting cut off because they don't start precisely on the half hour like the guide says. I miss the Windows Media Center DVR feature that allows you to specify a buffer time, for example start 2 minutes before and end 2 minutes after scheduled time.

Jwobot

join:2002-08-14
Sterling Heights, MI

When I am setting up a program to record every week, I make sure to set it too record 2 mins past its time.

Expand your moderator at work

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
Redford, MI
kudos:3
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to Jwobot

I had two DVRs that always miss half of Shark on Sunday.
The program schedule says 10PM to 11PM

Cold Case seems to run to 10:30 and then Shark.

I successfully set both DVRs to record 10PM to 11:30PM
and the next Sunday it had reverted back to 10PM to 11PM

I have had to resort to record Shark, and the next show
We'll see how that goes.
--
Jim -- USA2K, SEE: Darlin' REBEKAH, VoIP since 12/2002, Packet8 since 12/2006. VOIPo in Beta, and former Vonage . . .