All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Glen T
join:2003-11-03
BC

Glen T

[Outlook] Outlook 2007 - can't print just one page??

OK, maybe I'm blind, but how the heck do you print just one page of a 30 page e-mail in MS Outlook 2007? It appears that I have the choice of All, Even or Odd pages only. In Outlook 2003 I had could enter page ranges, individual page numbers etc. Where are those settings in Outlook 2007?
muyg
join:1999-12-24
Brighton, MA

muyg

Try this, it ain't pretty but it should work

»outlook-tips.net/cs/blog ··· 293.aspx
Glen T
BC

1 edit

Glen T

Thanks, will give this a try. It's kind of bizare. Maybe this is MS's way of forcing us towards the "paperless office" by using up all the paper that is left!

Edit: The above workaround works in Office 2003 but not in Office 2007. As far as I can tell, it does not matter what the format of the message is -- text or HTML -- you never get the ability to print selected pages. This is ridiculous!!!
Glen T

Glen T

You can't print from selection either...
PittsPgh
Premium Member
join:2003-08-21
Pittsburgh, PA

PittsPgh to Glen T

Premium Member

to Glen T
Did you try selecting "Page Range"
If you want just the first page type in 1-1
The 5th page (if you know which page it is) 5-5

Paul
Glen T
BC

Glen T

There is no page range on the print dialog box. Only "even, odd or all" pages.

We are still hoping for a solution to this one.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

Blackbird to Glen T

Premium Member

to Glen T
It seems as though the lack of page-range is designed in. But there are "workarounds"... such as they are.

»support.microsoft.com/kb/924141
PittsPgh
Premium Member
join:2003-08-21
Pittsburgh, PA

PittsPgh

Premium Member

It's odd that it is availble in Outlook Express 6.

Paul

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

2 edits

Blackbird

Premium Member

said by PittsPgh:

It's odd that it is availble in Outlook Express 6.
Older versions of Outlook used IE's engine to provide print/display functions for HTML messages... and IE is what contained the "page range" feature. Text and Rich-text documents were printed using Outlook's own engine which lacks the print-range feature. Now, the Outlook engine is being used to provide print functionality for HTML messages as well (perhaps as a result of the litigation thrust to make MS disentangle IE from the rest of the system?). Hence, the page-range feature has disappeared in the new Outlook versions. Apparently, Microsoft was unwilling to include a similar page-range feature in Outlook's engine, perhaps expecting a user to instead export the message to Word or Excel for that kind of printing. Inconvenient? Well... in MS-parlance, that's just a "user-experience facet".

Because OE is MS's plain-vanilla eMail browser, they've apparently left it more tightly integrated with IE (for now). It remains to be seen whehter that will last, or if it too will eventually walk the path taken in Outlook...

edit: added last para

HRM
God Bless America
MVM
join:2002-02-03
Darien, CT

HRM to Glen T

MVM

to Glen T
I have come across this before and luckily for me it was text I was after. I just copied it and pasted to a new document. This can be done for many things, but I guess not for what you need.
whocares0
Premium Member
join:2003-07-26

whocares0 to Glen T

Premium Member

to Glen T
said by Glen T:

OK, maybe I'm blind, but how the heck do you print just one page of a 30 page e-mail in MS Outlook 2007? It appears that I have the choice of All, Even or Odd pages only. In Outlook 2003 I had could enter page ranges, individual page numbers etc. Where are those settings in Outlook 2007?
Hello Glenn, hope you have a nice weekend, what i have ALWAYS used to print anything, email,postings ect, really simple, is print 2000,simple you can control the number,size,color,ect of the printing,
»www.webtree.ca/newlife/p ··· info.htm
Expand your moderator at work

HYEDIPIN
@dsl.net

HYEDIPIN to Glen T

Anon

to Glen T

Re: [Outlook] Outlook 2007 - can't print just one page??

This is incredible, Outlook 2003 (and apparently 2007) has so much stuff missing from it. First of all inability to print plain text pages properly, secondly, buggy compatibility with hotmail/msn/live (http) e-mail accounts, and also inability to WATCH/IGNORE conversations, and Flagging is totally messed up where you cannot flag a message in the search results. While there are bunch of useless features added to it.
I just wish my mail box wasn't 6GB so I could easily try different e-mail suites.. But with this setup, it looks like I may go back to Outlook Express or look for alternate e-mail suite!