Premium
join:2005-11-23
Erial, NJ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to SilverSurfer1

Re: Bad juju

So tell me then, what the effect is? Are they redirecting you to to another page in place of the one you typed? No. The page you typed doesn't exist. So instead you're sent to a search page, and told the page you were looking for wasn't found. This is nothing more than a money grab.

As for the technoloically ignorant, they won't know the difference anyway. This is exactly the type of person it can give some help to. Maybe next they'll spell the site right.

SilverSurfer1

join:2007-08-19

said by Jodokast96:

So tell me then, what the effect is?

Clearly, you don't see any big deal about a DNS redirect and bury your head in the sand accordingly, but I'm wondering what other seemingly innoucuous avenue ripe for a "money grab" will the provider take next.

S_engineer
Premium
join:2007-05-16
Chicago, IL

Agreed, the "honor" system providers once semi-adhered to with the networks is out the window. They will bring net-neutrality regs upon themselves. Then everyone will lose.... except of course the CEOs ...and Haliburton!
--
Where have the adults gone?

SilverSurfer1

join:2007-08-19

said by S_engineer:

They will bring net-neutrality regs upon themselves. Then everyone will lose.... except of course the CEOs ...and Haliburton!
NN will benefit anyone with an Internet connection. In fact, every org across the spectrum is on board with NN. I'm not sure where Halliburton comes into play in the NN discussion unless they have become a provider.