Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SUtah SLC

@comcast.net

1 edit

Hourly resets

Split from this topic ---> »Comcast Bandwidth Abuse/Limits - Discuss here only

Reading up on this, the last month or so I've been getting "reset" every hour.

Ipconfig / all shows that my session runs out every hour..fine, gimme a new ip address.

But, their is no way for me to renew this without a restart...this is just Great when I'm trying to take a customers order via phone, or playing a video game, etc.

Is this the "bandwidth" limit? I've called them 3x, and this is the last week I will have comcast if it is not resolved.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12

Re: Comcast Bandwidth Abuse/Limits - Discuss here only

said by SUtah SLC :

Reading up on this, the last month or so I've been getting "reset" every hour.

Ipconfig / all shows that my session runs out every hour..fine, gimme a new ip address.

But, their is no way for me to renew this without a restart...this is just Great when I'm trying to take a customers order via phone, or playing a video game, etc.

Is this the "bandwidth" limit? I've called them 3x, and this is the last week I will have comcast if it is not resolved.
You have a regular old issue. Have a tech out, modem swap or whatnot. Post in the general HSI section to get some help here.
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

dtoombs

join:2007-11-04
Ashburn, VA
reply to SUtah SLC

Re: Hourly resets

I'm having the same problem recently. Swapped an old Scientific Atlanta modem out for a Terayon, but doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Resets are every 1-3 hours, if the cable modem isn't getting used much. If it is getting used a bit (like running multiple speed tests here on dslreports, or online gaming) I can get the connection to break pretty consistently within 5 minutes or so.

Annoying. Sadly, no FIOS and no DSL service either, so I literally have no choice. Fast bandwidth is useless, if it resets so often... I'd rather be with the "Slowskys" and thier DSL which has got to be more solid than this.