spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dmeyer6
join:2002-08-14
Austin, TX

dmeyer6

Features

Vonage's stock may be in the shitter, but consider this.

Vonage offers more features for the money than any other VOIP provider. Tell me if Time Warner or Comcast offers Anonymous Call Rejection (albeit, this is relatively new to Vonage). Or Call Forwarding/SimulRing. Or voicemail to email capability. Or virtual numbers. Or toll-free numbers. Faxing. Nope, didn't think so. Plus a half dozen other things that make Vonage unique.

Based on the value, Vonage is still the best buy, for $25 you get much better free unlimited international calling to Europe landlines and a lot more features than any of the cable fat cats.

Vonage is the VOIP of choice for advanced users. This is its niche. And as long as they stay in business, I will be their customer. Despite what Jim Cramer says, Vonage is a good company and I like it.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

Re: Features

said by dmeyer6:

Vonage offers more features for the money than any other VOIP provider. Tell me if Time Warner or Comcast offers Anonymous Call Rejection (albeit, this is relatively new to Vonage). Or Call Forwarding/SimulRing. Or voicemail to email capability. Or virtual numbers. Or toll-free numbers. Faxing. Nope, didn't think so. Plus a half dozen other things that make Vonage unique.
They do offer some or all of those features.
Anonymous Call rejection: »www.comcast.com/Customer ··· atId=338
Call forwarding: »www.comcast.com/Customer ··· atId=317
Faxing: »www.comcast.com/customer ··· ?ID=2809
And many other features:
»www.comcast.com/Customer ··· atId=294
12 popular calling features, plus Voice Mail, included in one low monthly price:
Three-Way Calling - Anonymous Call Rejection - Call Forwarding - Selective Call Forwarding - Call Return - Call Screening - Call Waiting - Caller ID - Caller ID Blocking Per Call & Line - Caller ID with Call Waiting - Repeat Dialing - Speed Dial

manhole1
@70.135.104.x

manhole1 to dmeyer6

Anon

to dmeyer6
Comcast charges way too much for their VOIP. Because I don't have their cable services they want $44.95 + $3 for modem rental. Sorry, $50 for VOIP is way too much, I might as well sign up for the everything pack from AT&T at that price, and not deal with VOIP. I think once all of these triple play bundles expire there will be a huge exodus of customers canceling their Comcast Digital Voice.

EvelKub
Kitty is crazy
Premium Member
join:2002-03-17
Mesa, AZ

1 edit

EvelKub to dmeyer6

Premium Member

to dmeyer6
I really like T-Mobile's VOIP solution. While it doesn't quite have all of the features of the pure VOIP solutions, it gives me a single number and single voicemail at home and on the go.

leaguecity07
@comcast.net

leaguecity07 to dmeyer6

Anon

to dmeyer6
I totally concur ... I've had Vonage for over a year now, ever since I got fed up with Verizon's $52 DOLLARS A MONTH FOR LOCAL CALLS ONLY (got that?).

During this time, Vonage service was lost maybe 2-3 times, for a total of a couple of hours, - no problem whatsoever since calls were automatically forwarded to my cell phone.

So it is beyond me why some people hate Vonage so much. What's the alternative? Overpriced VOIP from telcos? Or even more overpriced classic phone service from the same telcos?

What am I missing here?
rradina
join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

rradina to dmeyer6

to dmeyer6
Good point. I asked my wife about the cable triple play because it would save us some money. The first thing she asked me is how would it be different. After some investigation I told her there would be no simul-ring. Her forehead wrinkled and she asked me if I realized how many emergency contact numbers are tied to our home phone and because of simul-ring, automatically ring her cell phone too. (We have three kids with multiple activities...)

So...I pay a bit more for Vonage because of this one feature.