This is a sub-selection from DNS opt out is flawed

en102
Canadian, eh?
join:2001-01-26
Valencia, CA

en102 to rcdailey

to rcdailey

Re: DNS opt out is flawed

True, but that should be done by TWC, I shouldn't have to mess with my DNS settings to obtain valid DNS results... This isn't AOL, afterall.

sporkme
drop the crantini and move it, sister
MVM
join:2000-07-01
Morristown, NJ

sporkme

MVM

said by en102:

This isn't AOL, afterall.
But the duopoly does want to turn "your" internet into a lovely AOL-esque walled garden.

Don't worry though, I'm sure that a 3rd party overbuilder will spring up out of nowhere and provide "real" internet any day now.

NOCMan
MadMacHatter
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Colorado Springs, CO

NOCMan to en102

Premium Member

to en102
said by en102:

True, but that should be done by TWC, I shouldn't have to mess with my DNS settings to obtain valid DNS results... This isn't AOL, afterall.
Not defending them, but anyone who this would break their applications probably tend to run their own dns servers.

Course what happens when they start redirecting traffic for valid sites on accident or due to a network problem.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup to sporkme

Premium Member

to sporkme
said by sporkme:

Don't worry though, I'm sure that a 3rd party overbuilder will spring up out of nowhere and provide "real" internet any day now.
When we had one provider we did not have this B.S. The more providers the greater the B.S. to hustle a buck with a smaller customer base.

Gone are the days when the pipe provider made a country from sea to shinning sea possible. Gone are the days when the pipe provider will discover the sound of the beginning of he universe.

Ma Bell is dead and yet the people bitch.

sporkme
drop the crantini and move it, sister
MVM
join:2000-07-01
Morristown, NJ

sporkme

MVM

said by batterup:

[
Gone are the days when the pipe provider made a country from sea to shinning sea possible. Gone are the days when the pipe provider will discover the sound of the beginning of he universe.
Gone are the days of double-digit long distance, phone rentals, and all that other "good stuff". Sniff...
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

1 recommendation

fiberguy2 to batterup

Premium Member

to batterup
Gone are the days of 35 cent per minute long distance. Gone are the days of the monopolistic mentality of the phone company. Gone are the days of over priced, and low quality dial tone. Gone are the days of expensive setup fees to change a feature. Gone are the days of mandatory phone rentals. Gone are the days of 25 day installation appointments. Gone are the days of no choice. Gone are the days of "We don't care, we're the phone company, we don't have to"...

Yea... the good old days.

Every time there is a topic and you jump in, you keep posting this non-sense about how Ma-Bell was the saviour to all that is good and ever has been and that people are bitching because it's gone. In case you were asleep, the people wanted it gone and no one has looked back.

Evolve!

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
Netcong, NJ

batterup

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

Evolve!
You are one of the unhappiest people yet you have what you want. I guess some people will be unhappy no matter what.
batterup

batterup to sporkme

Premium Member

to sporkme
said by sporkme:

Gone are the days of double-digit long distance, phone rentals, and all that other "good stuff". Sniff...
So you got what you want enjoy.

I am sure it is totally a coincidence that the US of A has fallen mightily compared to the rest of the world sense the murder of Ma. The pipe provide no longer innovates, the pipe provider now hustles and sues. Enjoy your new standard and place in the world.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to batterup

Premium Member

to batterup
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you... except I would have ended at "You are one of the unhappiest people.. "

I just don't understand why ou jump in every thread with the same one topic post.. who's weeping and ? who wanted bell in one piece other than you?

I sometimes wonder if you were one of those old time telephone execs from AT&T who had life set for himself and then everything pulled out from under you when the government pulled out the rug from under your cushy lifestyle.

I just don't get it..

.. and I'm very happy... Sorry.. unlike some, I'm far from sitting in the rusted out jeep in my front yard, on blocks, with my metal army hat on, a whip, bottle of whiskey in one hand, while shouting at the kids to get a haircut and get off my yard while telling them they won't make something of themselves...

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
Netcong, NJ

1 recommendation

batterup

Premium Member

said by fiberguy2:

.. and I'm very happy... Sorry.. unlike some, I'm far from sitting in the rusted out jeep in my front yard, on blocks, with my metal army hat on, a whip, bottle of whiskey in one hand, while shouting at the kids to get a haircut and get off my yard while telling them they won't make something of themselves...
You also said
quote:
There is this small group of so-called internet pioneer warriors that think they are going to gain a victory for the masses when all they are doing is messing things up for the majority.
Can I have a ride in your jeep and a swig from your jug there Bubba?
« questionIs it mandatory? »
This is a sub-selection from DNS opt out is flawed