uniqs
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Flippant

Premium Member

to Flippant

Re: Comcast charging for customer service?

Nickel and dime you to death?

You care to guess just how much it cost to install that outlet that you only pay, on average, $20, to have installed? I can see how you are ripped there.

It seems that all you do it bitch and moan about everything you have in life.. why don't you vote with your wallet and stop buying from these people. It seems that you think everyone you do business with should just give you everything for one price.

Outside drops are going to degrade MUCH faster than anything in the home. They can be cut, get damaged from the weather, etc.

You have every right to not be happy - but when someone is not reasonable, then they gain no sympathy.
fiberguy2

fiberguy2 to Flippant

Premium Member

to Flippant
Comcast, for years, never charged for service calls.. But they also fixed cable that wasn't there's to call their own either. Now a days, people like you want comcast to run and install wires for free... fix it for free.. etc. And why? That cable they are maintaining for you can EASILY have satellite put on it at any time.

Face it, it's yours.

On the other hand, as life moves forward, people get more abusive. You can't offer an all you can eat anymore because people will abuse it.

Think of it.. how many times does the company chase down people that don't even have the courtesy to stay home for their appointment? .. take 5 minutes to cancel it.. or take the time to trouble shoot over the phone with a CSR trying to help. How about the customer that finger fucks with the inside wires so that comcast can come out for free. How about the dog that digs up the cable and chews it to hell?

I suppose comcast should be responsible for that.

Think about it this way.. unlike phone, comcast gives you the option, once at the door and trouble-shooting is done, to ask you if you want them to fix it at a $24 charge (if you don't have a package that covers it, or the wire plan) or simply go away. Phone will charge you (void of a wire plan) if they even come out and determine the problem is inside!

Every company has their policy... they also often have to implement these policies because of others who abuse resources. Why not go after them instead of everyone? They've tried that too. Want to know how many times they've tried the "one warning free" system only to have a customer say "I was never told that before...."...

It doesn't work. You can blame, largely, the general population (as other factors too) for many of these 'fees'...

Flippant
So Much For Subtlety

join:2000-06-04
Katy, TX

Flippant to TexasD

to TexasD
Glad to see Comcast has not abandoned its age old policy of "blame the customer" for all customer service ills. Thanks for the insight to truly a pathetic way of how to treat your revenue stream.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium Member
join:2004-11-12

CableTool

Premium Member

said by Flippant:

Glad to see Comcast has not abandoned its age old policy of "blame the customer" for all customer service ills. Thanks for the insight to truly a pathetic way of how to treat your revenue stream.
Thanks for demonstrating the truly pathetic way a mod can treat contributing forum members answering, at length, your question.

bUU
join:2007-05-10
Kissimmee, FL

1 recommendation

bUU to fiberguy2

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

On the other hand, as life moves forward, people get more abusive. You can't offer an all you can eat anymore because people will abuse it.
And this is evident all over our society. I've seen similar situations discussed in forums regarding theme parks, and cruise ships -- and that's just TODAY. It is an utterly pervasive trend -- a negative trend in consumer behavior.

Entitlement mentality is a cancer, and folks (including some in this thread) refusing to acknowledge it is part of the problem.
said by fiberguy2:

It doesn't work. You can blame, largely, the general population (as other factors too) for many of these 'fees'...
Absolutely.
bUU

1 edit

1 recommendation

bUU to Flippant

to Flippant
said by Flippant:

That bit of self-serving rhetoric may work with fiberguy, but not with me. I have no association with Comcast, and never have. I'm just a regular HONEST Joe, calling it how it really is, while you're engaging in selective memory or outright deception, if you're really trying to claim that what fiberguy said isn't true. Again, your refusal to acknowledge the cancer doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

celeritypc
For Lucky Best Wash, Use Mr. Sparkle
Premium Member
join:2004-05-15
Caldwell, NJ

celeritypc to Flippant

Premium Member

to Flippant
said by Flippant:

Kinda like the way heavy metal bands were accused of suggesting through their music that their fans commit suicide as that is good for the bottom line too. Reminds me of the Bill Hicks routine.

Chuckles0
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Saint Paul, MN

Chuckles0 to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

I suppose that the cable that comcast put in if it goes bad after you've had satellite come in should be repaired by comcast when satellite runs on that line?
Hah! Of course!