share rss forum feed

Acanac Inc
Premium
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON
reply to nk19

Re: 500 FREE VOIP Accounts for 1 Year !!! **

said by nk19:

I have a question about 911. If I am in London but I have a Toronto VOIP # and dial 911 - does the London 911 answer? Or does the Toronto 911 answer?
We use the address that you provided on your order form.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca

whatever6

join:2007-11-12
reply to Acanac Inc
said by Acanac Inc:

Hello,

Yes 911 is available even in our free service. Please note that if you call 911 do not hang up just because you were testing. If you choose to do that ( which we recomend you do not ) then please tell them. If you hang up they will send police, fire, and ambulance to your home emediately.

We have had clients do that and they are shocked when they show up at their door. They are amazed it works :P

Sandro H
»www.acanac.ca
Haha, that is interesting. I will never try though.

chimq

join:2007-11-14
Mississauga, ON
reply to Acanac Inc
I noticed your company also have DSL service. If I subscribe both DSL and VOIP phone, is there any price promotion? Thanks.

autumntale

reply to Acanac Inc
Also, do we have access to emergency calls, i.e. 911 through the service?

chimq

join:2007-11-14
Mississauga, ON
reply to Acanac Inc
I have another question: my phone has voice mail indicator. Does your phone service support this feature? Thanks!

yzfr6drw

join:2007-11-13
reply to Acanac Inc
Hi, I inputed the information on the Acanac site 2 days ago, should I be getting a call or a confirmation email? I didn't receive anything.

ccfly

reply to Acanac Inc
said by Acanac Inc:

Yes... You get a real phone number and it does support incoming SIP calls.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
OK, so I can call with sip:7781234567@voip7.acanac.com in Gizmo Project?

jetting

join:2007-11-15
Vanier, ON
reply to Acanac Inc
Is the offer still available!!!

renno

i am wondering the same thing. I signed-up two days ago and no answer yet...

panthonysamy

reply to Acanac Inc
I have heard so many good reviews for acanec with regard to their Internet service. But, the main reason for not getting it myself is their $8 charge every month for naked DSL. If that's little less I will be all over their internet service!

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
said by panthonysamy:

I have heard so many good reviews for acanec with regard to their Internet service. But, the main reason for not getting it myself is their $8 charge every month for naked DSL. If that's little less I will be all over their internet service!
Hello,

Sorry but the 8 dollars cannot be waived. Everyone who has internet service ( DSL ) has to pay a dry loop fee one way or another. It's is the rules the CRTC has placed that allows bell to charge us the fee so we simply pass that onto the client.

Every DSL company will have that fee and if they do not believe me that it is already incorporated into the price.

Sandro H.
»www.acanac.ca

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
reply to renno
said by renno:

i am wondering the same thing. I signed-up two days ago and no answer yet...
Orders are all processed until yesterday. I would do 2 things. Check your spam box to make sure you didn't have it put in there ( the welcome letter ) or if you placed an order without following the rules you would have received an e-mail asking you to submit it again using the proper information. Orders that are placed without the proper requirements will not be processed.

Thank you
Sandro H
»www.acanac.ca

panthonysamy

reply to Acanac Inc
I was looking at the D-link VTA adapter for Acanec thread. No one has reported continuous ('without disconnection') acanac voip service using this device. Can Acanac confirm the following settings:

613xxxxxxx
XXXXXXXX
voip7.acanac.com
voip7.acanac.com

Any suggested dialplan?

yzfr6drw

reply to Acanac Inc
Sandro, you are right, it went to the spam box somehow.

Thanks.

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
reply to panthonysamy
Hello,

Acanac Uses the Following Dialplan There are many but Acanac Recomends the one bellow. For Softphone you do not have to put anything because softphone submits the correct string to our Acanac server.

Example:

*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sandro H.
Acanac Inc
»www.acanac.ca

panthonysamy

reply to Acanac Inc
Thanks for the reply. Sounds reasonable. Coming to Acanac voip service, how much is the charge /mth to keep the same ph number and continue the service. If I have problems with my d-link vta how much it is to rent a similar one from you?

panthonysamy

1 edit
reply to Acanac Inc
Hi Acanac, can you confirm the proxy-port and registration-port are both 5060? or 80?

One more question Acanac...

Is it true I can call max 50 numbers? if yes, is it for 1 month or full 1 year? please confirm. Also, is their any max number of minutes one can use with this trial offer? like voipstunt offers 300 mins per month i think...

whatever6

reply to Acanac Inc
I got '404 error, not found' when set up the sip setting. What dose this mean?

halifax11

Hammonds Plains, NS
reply to Acanac Inc
said by Acanac Inc:

We did setup restrictions by area code. Let me speak with one of my administrators and if no technical reasons not to allow 819 local calling expect it to work within the next 24 hours.
As for support questions please start a new thread. Our own forums do have a bit of information and you might find them us full.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
The 819 area code dialing is working!
Thanks Acanac! You guys are the best! Seriously!
Getting something like that heard and resolved with any other company, especially Bell, would have been impossible!

Jian0

North York, ON
reply to Acanac Inc
I just setup a account yesterday. But for some reason's I can not make outgoing calls. incoming is not a problem. and I also found I can not log into my account.

fengfsys

reply to Acanac Inc
Hi, Sandro

I filled up the form 3 days ago and never got any replies. I believe I followed the rules, is there anything wrong?
thanks.

autumntale

reply to Acanac Inc
Umm...seems like a lot of people didn't get reply after signed up. So is the offer still available? Or all the quota is gone?

renno

reply to Acanac Inc
I have sumbitted my information once again, I couldn't find any replies in my junk e-mail

Telescopic

reply to Acanac Inc
The voip softphone works fine on my desktop. But, when i install the softphone on my laptop(on wirless), it gives the 408 Request timeout error.

It supposes to work on my laptop on wifi, right? I want to be able making and receiving call wherenever i go.

And, what does Gizmo project and ATA mean?

jeffreyzhao

join:2007-11-16
Vancouver, BC
reply to Acanac Inc
How to get it?

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
reply to panthonysamy
said by panthonysamy:

Thanks for the reply. Sounds reasonable. Coming to Acanac voip service, how much is the charge /mth to keep the same ph number and continue the service. If I have problems with my d-link vta how much it is to rent a similar one from you?
We are still not porting number to our service. We hope to offer this feature some time in 2008

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
reply to panthonysamy
said by panthonysamy:

Hi Acanac, can you confirm the proxy-port and registration-port are both 5060? or 80?

One more question Acanac...

Is it true I can call max 50 numbers? if yes, is it for 1 month or full 1 year? please confirm. Also, is their any max number of minutes one can use with this trial offer? like voipstunt offers 300 mins per month i think...
Default port is 5060

Residential vs Business. Any client found to be a residential client and communicating with more then 50 different phone numbers per month is considered a business client. This does not mean that you cannot place/receive more then 50 calls, it simply means that you can not communicate with more then 50 completely different numbers unless you are a business client. Any client found to be considered business and communicating with more then 250 completely different numbers is also prohibited.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
reply to fengfsys
said by fengfsys:

Hi, Sandro

I filled up the form 3 days ago and never got any replies. I believe I followed the rules, is there anything wrong?
thanks.
Please PM us your contact information so we can check the status.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
reply to autumntale
said by autumntale:

Umm...seems like a lot of people didn't get reply after signed up. So is the offer still available? Or all the quota is gone?
The promo is still on. The main reason why some have yet to receive the welcome letter is because the failed to provide the link to the three post.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca

Acanac Inc
Premium
Mississauga, ON
reply to Telescopic
said by Telescopic:

The voip softphone works fine on my desktop. But, when i install the softphone on my laptop(on wirless), it gives the 408 Request timeout error.

It supposes to work on my laptop on wifi, right? I want to be able making and receiving call wherenever i go.

And, what does Gizmo project and ATA mean?
The most likely reason is because our server can not obtain your IP. You will need to enable STUN server within the soft phone. Gizmo is just another soft phone and ATA stands for Analogue Terminal Adapter Connects. It connects an Analogue Telephone to a VOIP network

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca