Search similar:

uniqs

cdapanda
@bmo.com

cdapanda to Canaca

Anon

to Canaca

Re: 500 FREE VOIP Accounts for 1 Year !!! **

What a great offer! Thank you! I guess that Toronto 416 and 905 aren't included?
cdapanda

cdapanda to Canaca

Anon

to Canaca
Do some of the regular phone features apply? i.e. call conferencing, forwarding, waiting?
Expand your moderator at work

PGAN498
@reuters.com

PGAN498 to Canaca

Anon

to Canaca

Re: 500 FREE VOIP Accounts for 1 Year !!! **

How to creat an link and attached to order form?
How is VOIP quality? I heard sometime you hear noise, echo and sound tear down.
pgan498
join:2007-11-16
M5H 3T8

pgan498

How is VOIP quality? I heard sometime you hear noise, echo and sound tear down.
halifax11
join:2007-11-12
Hammonds Plains, NS

halifax11 to PGAN498

to PGAN498
said by pgan498:

How to creat an link and attached to order form?
Are you serious? You don't know how to create a link and you want to use Voip! Good luck...
Famine91
join:2007-11-12

Famine91 to Canaca

to Canaca
Hi, I set up an account and it works on my VOIP adapter. I can make calls, however, I can't seem to be able to receive them. I call the acanac #, but it doesn't ring at all. I can hear ringing on the handset making the call. I tried picking up the acanac-phone (despite it not ringing), and all I get is a dial tone on that phone. Help. Thanks.
Telescopic
join:2007-11-13

Telescopic

You mention the Stun server under Topology, but what exactly I put in 'use specified server' space.
I tried to put my own ip address, it did not work.
beamer69
join:2007-05-10
Mars

beamer69 to Canaca

to Canaca
Ok I read every single post in this thread

I know you need a broadband connection but from what I have read the ping or latency is just as important in some ways.

What ping or latency number should someone be under to expect good performance?

I know these factors change even from one test to another but I am talking an average number that will work well?
beamer69

beamer69 to Canaca

to Canaca
You said you were looking at getting porting of numbers working sometime in 2008 for BC.

If the VOIP works well any idea even if a general one like early,mid or late 2008 you will be able to port a Vancouver number over?

If I changed from this free 1 year account and went to a paid account could you port it then or is it simply you can't port a Vancouver number yet?

Trying to figure out at what point is it just better to dump my number and let everyone know my new number rather then continuing paying for a land line.

Also for others who live in a Condo I have read but am not sure the Telephone company sometimes needs to add some sort of splitter at the intercom to get it to work with dry DSL lines. So you can still open up the door even if you don't have a land line
beamer69

beamer69 to Canaca

to Canaca
With this free account for a year is your name and number listed in the telephone book or on 411.ca? Is there a charge to have it not listed?

If you convert to a paid account, same question.

Right now I pay an extra 2 bucks to keep my name out of the telephone book.

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

Canaca to db80

Premium Member

to db80
said by db80:

Thanks Acanac.

very satisfied with the voip service - first with softphone and now connected via voip adapter.

Only problem is I get "login incorrect" if I check my voicemail using either *123 or 1-866-689-9911 (EstServer 3). But the same password works if I check via softphone and also works for your website login.

hmm, something wrong here.
Is this a common issue? Can I check voicemail only via softphone or by email only?

any help is appreciated. thanks
The most likely reason is because you either have th wrong dial plan or your DTMF tones are not working properly. This basically means that when your typing in your password it not recognizing the numbers.

What ATA are you using?

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to aa20

Premium Member

to aa20
said by aa20:

Is the promo still on?
The promo is still on.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to aa20

Premium Member

to aa20
said by aa20:

My brother got one already. Can I get my own number? We both live in the same house.
You may, but please mention that in the comments area so they know.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to aa20

Premium Member

to aa20
said by aa20:

Any setting we need to change in firewall/router?
Normally no, but you may need to use a STUN server if our server can not obtain your IP

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to bigtoronto

Premium Member

to bigtoronto
At this time we are not allowing number porting.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to cdapanda

Premium Member

to cdapanda
Sorry, but it will not work with our Voip service. You would need to keep your existing connection.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to cdapanda

Premium Member

to cdapanda
said by cdapanda :

Your limit on 50 calls per month...or is it 250 is for both incoming and outgoing calls?
50 is for Home use and 250 is for business use. This includes both incoming and outgoing.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to cdapanda

Premium Member

to cdapanda
said by cdapanda :

What a great offer! Thank you! I guess that Toronto 416 and 905 aren't included?
Sorry, but this this promo only offers the 647 area code for the Toronto area.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to cdapanda

Premium Member

to cdapanda
said by cdapanda :

Do some of the regular phone features apply? i.e. call conferencing, forwarding, waiting?
Yes... This free promo includes all the same features as our paid version.. You can control them through the online control panel.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to PGAN498

Premium Member

to PGAN498
If you wish to link this promo please link it to the following url »Acanac
As for quality:

95% of the time it's as good as a land line, but please remember that the quality will depend on your internet connection.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to Famine91

Premium Member

to Famine91
said by Famine91:

Hi, I set up an account and it works on my VOIP adapter. I can make calls, however, I can't seem to be able to receive them. I call the acanac #, but it doesn't ring at all. I can hear ringing on the handset making the call. I tried picking up the acanac-phone (despite it not ringing), and all I get is a dial tone on that phone. Help. Thanks.
Do you have any type of firewall that might be blocking UDP traffic? Please describe your network configuration setup.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to Telescopic

Premium Member

to Telescopic
said by Telescopic:

You mention the Stun server under Topology, but what exactly I put in 'use specified server' space.
I tried to put my own ip address, it did not work.
If your using the soft phone they should already be listed. Please contact support and they should be able to assist you.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to beamer69

Premium Member

to beamer69
said by beamer69:

Ok I read every single post in this thread

I know you need a broadband connection but from what I have read the ping or latency is just as important in some ways.

What ping or latency number should someone be under to expect good performance?

I know these factors change even from one test to another but I am talking an average number that will work well?
Nice is discussion at the following location. »forums.whirlpool.net.au/ ··· 077.html

In short

300ms some issues.
200ms mostly ok..
100ms no problems.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to beamer69

Premium Member

to beamer69
said by beamer69:

You said you were looking at getting porting of numbers working sometime in 2008 for BC.

If the VOIP works well any idea even if a general one like early,mid or late 2008 you will be able to port a Vancouver number over?

If I changed from this free 1 year account and went to a paid account could you port it then or is it simply you can't port a Vancouver number yet?

Trying to figure out at what point is it just better to dump my number and let everyone know my new number rather then continuing paying for a land line.

Also for others who live in a Condo I have read but am not sure the Telephone company sometimes needs to add some sort of splitter at the intercom to get it to work with dry DSL lines. So you can still open up the door even if you don't have a land line
Technically we can currently port numbers now, but we have chosen not too until we become a CLEC. The reason for this is because it just takes so long to port numbers over. In some cases it has taken months and this is not acceptable for clients.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

Canaca to beamer69

Premium Member

to beamer69
said by beamer69:

With this free account for a year is your name and number listed in the telephone book or on 411.ca? Is there a charge to have it not listed?

If you convert to a paid account, same question.

Right now I pay an extra 2 bucks to keep my name out of the telephone book.
We do not list any of our numbers in the phone book or 411.ca

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca
Canaca

3 edits

Canaca

Premium Member

We just been notified that we may not use promotional enticements to encourage participation on these forums. Unfortunately we have to end this promotion a bit early.

For those of you who already submitted your orders and have not yet to received a welcome letter they will still be setup within the next 48 hours. We still want to encourage participation on these forums. We will be here to help answer your questions so don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
Paul L.
»www.acanac.ca