pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to DHRacer

Re: No luck for business folks

It's over double the price, and that's 5/5 not 15/15. It'd be cheaper to get two business lines for a combined total of 30/4 than to pay that ridiculous price.
--
Hello...is there anybody in there?

DHRacer
Tech Monkey

join:2000-10-10
Lake Arrowhead, CA
So it's the same price as the T1/T3 lines they are trying to protect their resume stream on?

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
said by DHRacer:

So it's the same price as the T1/T3 lines they are trying to protect their resume stream on?
Yep, seems that way. Like I said, it makes perfect sense. I'm just damned happy with $100/mo for 15/2. Nothing wrong with wishing I could get 15/15 for $15/mo more (which is the increase for residential hehe).
--

DHRacer
Tech Monkey

Lake Arrowhead, CA
And yet you can get a 15/2 Static on a 2 year agreement for $100 a month...like you said.

I know the office is paying like $79 a month right now for the 3/768 Static DSL service...Seems like I should bring this up!

It would certainly help the email and webserver we have currently on that DSL link, not to mention the web browsing and Share Point stuff.

--
"No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now, go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them." (R&D Supervisor, Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing /3M Corp.)

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
Definitely. You're getting nearly 3x the upstream and 5x the down for like $20/mo more
--

DHRacer
Tech Monkey

Lake Arrowhead, CA
Let's see, $20 more a month x 12 months = $240 more a year than the 3/768 for that "nearly 3x the upstream and 5x the down". Sounds doable to me...

sporkme
drop the crantini and move it, sister
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-01
Morristown, NJ
reply to DHRacer
said by DHRacer:

It would certainly help the email and webserver we have currently on that DSL link, not to mention the web browsing and Share Point stuff.
Add a 20/20 residential line and shove all your traffic that doesn't require a static IP on there.

maartena
Elmo
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA
reply to pflog
said by pflog:

It's over double the price, and that's 5/5 not 15/15. It'd be cheaper to get two business lines for a combined total of 30/4 than to pay that ridiculous price.
I just ordered a single T-1 line for a property that we are opening up at $379 a month through Covad. I would GLADLY pay that price for a 5/5 line if it was available.....
--
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" -
Benjamin Franklin, Founding Father.

Ben
Premium
join:2007-06-17
Glen Carbon, IL
reply to DHRacer
15/2 for $100/mo.? I wonder what the cost is for mo-to-mo? I hate signing contracts, especially if there's an ETF fee.

Even so, I wish I had that available. I have 1.5M/256k via the Cable co. (Charter) for $67/mo. It's "Business HSI" with static IP so I'm comparing apples to apples here, as well as it's possible to do so. What else is bad is that I couldn't get mo-to-mo. A one year contract was the shortest contract I could get.

I would use 3.0M/512k DSL w/ Static via AT&T for $70/mo. (mo-to-mo. charge), but they don't offer DSL here.

Does anyone know the cost of 5/5, assuming mo-to-mo? I'd look it up myself but I don't live in a FIOS area so I can't enter in my home phone.

JohnA
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA

Residential is $8 more a month. Not sure on business service.

join:2007-11-16
reply to pflog
removed, if you can hear me plz pm me.
why did you block me?? i am your friend.