how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MeeZ01

join:2006-12-10
Norfolk, VA

download speed is capped. can't access the modem

i have a 1Mbit connection. a good day i get a constant 95KB/s. now at various times, it is capped at 38KB/s or 28KB/s which is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i send emails to support, haven't heard back from them since January '07. i sit in the repair chat, haven't heard from them since January '07. its like they are trying to avoid me.

i have phonom so i got a modem and a router, so does anyone know how to access the modem page through the router so i can see why my speed is so slow?

thanks!! (echo)...(echo)....(echo).....

ballsballscom

@comcast.net

your an idiot - they dont cap their speeds - i am willing to bet your IW is junk and that you live 10 miles from the co.

MeeZ01

Norfolk, VA
reply to MeeZ01

7000ft from CO, 12,500ft. loop. wtf is IW?

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

said by MeeZ01:

wtf is IW?
Internal Wiring
--
FWD#: 223611

MeeZ01

Norfolk, VA
reply to MeeZ01

cavtel finally responded to my emails and the are going to check it out. this was about a week ago. i now get constant speeds of around 117Kb/s. the highest i've seen is 127KB/s.!!

before, i used to get 95Kb/s. they must have done something.

pinoyplayboi

join:2007-11-26
Warren, MI

Mind giving me the email to support?
I would like to contact them as well. =/

MeeZ01

Norfolk, VA
reply to MeeZ01

residentialinfo@cavtel.com

GodWind

join:2005-10-20
Norfolk, VA
reply to MeeZ01

Actually MeeZ01 there is a way to log into the modem. The instructions sent to you from cavtel just do not show you how to do this. I personally think it is because it allows you tell when they are lying to you . For example i just got my service and it was at speeds slower then yours. Under 56k speeds at times. However when i called in to talk to a tech i was told my modem was connected at 7.5 Mb. However I know this to be wrong because the modem web menu tells you the current connected speed, modulation used , Download and upload attenuation Db level. In short more information then they want you to know. Using that info you can plot the speeds you should get from adsl2+ using the well known internode charts . The pretty thing about the web menu is it tells you your exact connection speed. This means you do not need a speed test which are never totally 100%. I will be writing massive complaint in the forum as well as posting it to my web page with pictures in the next few days .

MeeZ01

Norfolk, VA

how's the update coming along?

operagost

join:1999-08-02
Spring City, PA
reply to MeeZ01

Any change we'll get those modem administration instructions? I have had a Paradyne from them for a year and a half and never could get into it to check my speeds.