Search similar:

uniqs

ninjatutle
Premium
join:2006-01-02
San Ramon, CA

ninjatutle

[Serious] Oakland. 4th most dangerous city in the states

I'm shocked to find they are ranked so high. People always said nice things about that town. I always preferred Oakland's chinatown to SF's. Cheaper and food is just as good.

»www.contracostatimes.com ··· _7499814

MOST DANGEROUS 25:
1. Detroit 407.2
2. St. Louis 406.2
3. Flint, Mich. 381.0
4. Oakland, Calif. 338.9
5. Camden, N.J. 323.8
6. Birmingham, Ala. 268.8
7. North Charleston, S.C. 254.3
8. Memphis, Tenn. 245.6
9. Richmond, Calif. 245.1
PrntRhd
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
Fairfield, CA

PrntRhd

Premium Member

Have you tried being in the (flatlands) Fruitvale ave area and south to the San Leandro boundary after dark? Some areas of the town have real challenges every day and night.
It also has very nice areas and has many areas that are quite liveable. It has amazing diversity.
Knowing the difference between diversity and danger is what allows you to deal with it and stay alive.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to ninjatutle

Premium Member

to ninjatutle
I'm not surprised. I used to live in Oakland and it breaks my heart when I hear the stupid things them damn idiots do. Oakland is not Philadelphia, but some parts are like Philly (my hometown). BTW, Philly should've been in the top 10 as well .

biff420
Premium Member
Vallejo, CA
·Comcast XFINITY

1 edit

1 recommendation

biff420 to ninjatutle

Premium Member

to ninjatutle

Yeah, this really isn't news. I'm surprised
Richmond was rated "safer" than Oakland!?!

I'm right next door to Piedmont. The crime
wave hasn't hit here as hard. We do have a
good neighborhood watch, and incidences of robbery
and assault are nil. (knock on wood)

Gang activity is almost non existent around this
neighborhood. I'd like to see the RICO statutes
enforced, or domestic terrorism laws applied to these
gang animals. Send them to Gitmo!

SurfTheSky
Flyingphotog
MVM
join:2001-08-26
Fairfax, CA

1 recommendation

SurfTheSky

MVM

Yeah, my folks live in upper Rockridge. Not many of the thugs make it up there.

There are definitely good and bad parts of town, and with a city of nearly half a million, there is bound to be some crime. More in some cities than others.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

dadkins

MVM

Yeah, Oakland is pretty good sized and not ALL of Oakland is bad.

There are parts of any large city that are unwise to visit.
Other parts are fine.

koitsu
MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
Humax BGW320-500

koitsu

MVM

Which parts are unwise to visit? A friend of mine (of female gender -- crime differs depending on gender, as I'm sure you know) just recently moved to Oakland...

Being as I avoid Oakland entirely ( ), I was hoping to give her tips regarding where to avoid.

ninjatutle
Premium
San Ramon, CA

ninjatutle

Maps of murder spots.

»bayareanewsgroup.com/mul ··· ml#/map/

»oakland.crimespotting.org/map/

»www.bayareanewsgroup.com ··· ba/njn/#

laura
Domestic Bliss
Premium Member
join:2002-04-16
San Jose, CA

laura to koitsu

Premium Member

to koitsu
said by koitsu:

Which parts are unwise to visit? A friend of mine (of female gender -- crime differs depending on gender, as I'm sure you know) just recently moved to Oakland...

Being as I avoid Oakland entirely ( ), I was hoping to give her tips regarding where to avoid.
anything below macarthur

one time i was driving up to my friends house by mills college (an ok neighborhood) but I was coming from Alameda and my plan was to take e 14th down to seminary, somehow I got turned around and drove down a side street off of international.. it was kind of ghetto.. narrow street.. a lot of kids just hangin out.. starin at us... crappy houses and cars.. me and my friend looked at each other like.. uhh.. us 2 white girls should get off this street asap lol

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

3 edits

RR Conductor to ninjatutle

Premium Member

to ninjatutle
Marin County (especially Novato) and Berzerkley are the most dangerous towns to me, Novato and their NIMBY's (aka we don't want trains coming down the track by us, the ones that have been there for A HUNDRED YEARS!), and Berzerkley "we're against everything there is in the universe", I mean, I'm as against the Iraq war as anybody, but telling the Marines they can't come to town, get real guys. Those two places ought to get an island, and nag each other to death.

Those of us on the North Coast are about ready to strangle Marin County, if they come up with one more absurd lawsuit to try and delay the NWP RR reopening (the judge threw out their last one it was so stupid, I'm sure he will this one too), I swear we're gonna go to war with them. That place lives in it's own little world, unfortunately they want to drag us all into it

»northcoastrailroad.org/A ··· 0108.pdf

Jtmo
Premium Member
join:2001-05-20
Novato, CA

Jtmo to ninjatutle

Premium Member

to ninjatutle
Amazing, murders vs. trains, what a turn of events.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

3 edits

RR Conductor

Premium Member

That wasn't intended towards you JTMO, you are an awesome guy, just tell those nuts trying to ruin the North Coast's future to quit it. Yep, from murders to trains, the thread's about most dangerous cities, and right now Novato is doing their fair share of mucking things up, dangerous to our well being in Marin, Sonoma, Mendocino and Humboldt Counties, so it's right on topic

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Jtmo

Premium Member

to Jtmo
said by Jtmo:

Amazing, murders vs. trains, what a turn of events.
I agree. Since when does trains have to do with Oakland and their crime problem. They already have Amtrak going through.

ninjatutle
Premium
San Ramon, CA

1 edit

ninjatutle

Well, it depends on how you look at things. Some see Oakland as being on the wrong side of the tracks. The entire city is like an out of control freight train. Too many hobos and thugs. They need a prisoner release program where ex cons get training instead of getting released into the general population doing the same thing. They need to be trained to act properly. If I'm driving through and see a home Depot, I wont stop even if its more convenient for my schedule.
peggypwr1
join:2003-10-06
Fremont, CA

peggypwr1 to ninjatutle

to ninjatutle
The Oakland Hills are nice, the rest of Oakland I feel unsafe in. Lots of black on black crime. Gangs bitching over turf and what not.

Unit649
I B U, Who U B?
Premium Member
join:2000-01-22
Stockton, CA

Unit649 to ninjatutle

Premium Member

to ninjatutle
said by ninjatutle:

Well, it depends on how you look at things. Some see Oakland as being on the wrong side of the tracks. The entire city is like an out of control freight train. Too many hobos and thugs. They need a prisoner release program where ex cons get training instead of getting released into the general population doing the same thing. They need to be trained to act properly. If I'm driving through and see a home Depot, I wont stop even if its more convenient for my schedule.
Hey, they could do like Sacramento did once-picked up all the bums and bussed them to Roseville and dropped them off.

That went well. Yeah, right! NOT!