dangme

So many complaints about connectivity problems

Deleted
mac8500
join:2002-12-24
Sacramento, CA

1 edit

mac8500

I don't know if the current connectivity problem is system wide, but we have seen it here in Sacramento (95825) for the past three days.

Download speed is normal, but upload speed is VERY slow.

I did a test by uploading small files (10K) to my website by FTP. The upload speed was less than 2K/sec. That's less than 2,000 BYTES PER SECOND...slower than dialup!

I suspect massive packet loss may be a part of the problem. Web pages load in spurts because each request from the browser has great difficulty getting to a web server.

Comcast will eventually fix the problem, although it may take several days.

I NEVER call Comcast when something is THEIR problem because talking to the level one service reps is a waste of time. They are so ignorant of system problems, it is pathetic. All they do is read from their script..."Did you reset your modem?" yada, yada, yada.

Here in Sacramento, there is a system problem/outage at least once a month. I don't panic and start messing with my equipment, I just wait for Comcast to fix THEIR equipment. Works every time. LOL

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

1 edit

EG

Premium Member

N.M.
mac8500
join:2002-12-24
Sacramento, CA

mac8500

Earlier today, upload speed as tested by FTP was only 128 bytes/sec. Yes, that's BYTES...slower than dialup modems 20 years ago. LOL

Tonight, upload speed is back to normal.

Once again (after a few days) Comcast fixed THEIR equipment problem, and I didn't do anything to my computer or modem.