how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pinoyplayboi

join:2007-11-26
Warren, MI

Dissapointing Cavtel Speeds.

I recently just got it, and to say the least I'm very disappointed. Advertised speeds of 10mb. Yes, I know DSL varies on a number of factors. But honestly, it's nothing better than my old WOW cable line. I'm literally getting the same speeds as WOW's 112kpbs service. I would've expected more than 100kb/s down? I'm in Warren, Michigan. Anyone else have the service around here? Also, Has anyone been able to access the modem? Generally, I have the modem/bridge by zhone.

hsindogg
Premium
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

How far are you from the CO?

I'm about 12,000 ft from the CO, and I get about 4mbps/768kps.

If you're close to the CO, I would call tech support and check the line settings...have them test the speed from the CO to your bridge.

pinoyplayboi

Warren, MI

Well, I'm not entirely sure since the CO Distance Finder is down now. I guess I should call and ask about that. Now I just gotta go find the number.

pinoyplayboi

Warren, MI

Sorry for double post but heres the most recent speed test.

Mellow
Premium
join:2001-11-16
Salisbury, MD
reply to pinoyplayboi

Im at 11,000FT and get about the same as hsindogg See Profile

--
SurfingOC.com / GsdPhotography.com

pinoyplayboi

Warren, MI

Well the DSL service in Michigan is relatively new.. Maybe the speeds will go up in a couple years, but I doubt I'll have Cavalier for that long?

pinoyplayboi

Warren, MI

Another double post. Sorry, but do you guys know of any site that could tell you CO distances? Or do I have to call Cavtel to get the answer?

Mellow
Premium
join:2001-11-16
Salisbury, MD
reply to pinoyplayboi

Call cavalier, only way to really get your true distance. Verizon could tell you as well but won't since your with cavalier.

pinoyplayboi

Warren, MI

Okay, thanks.
What number should I call?

S4m

@cavtel.net
reply to pinoyplayboi

i have their 10mbit service here in baltimore and get about 1 MB/s downstream and 100 kb/s upload. Not bad in my opinion.

Landin_CH

join:2003-02-04
Fredericksburg, VA
reply to pinoyplayboi

4-5 megs at 7500ft from CO per CavTel.Net in Chancellor, VA

See »/archive/cavte···14&r=296

Used to be 6+ megs when I first got service but no longer.

Asked for line test and they said I have line noise so I am waiting for CavTel technician to roll.

Happy Holidays.

Landin_CH

join:2003-02-04
Fredericksburg, VA

CavTel sent Verizon line tech who put me on another cable set ... but didn't help much. See »/testhistory/765541/b9503
As I type this, ADSL modem shows 6112down/736up @ MultiMode. TX 10.3dB, SNR 15.0dB down/198dB up and Line Attenuation levels as 26.5dB down/14.0dB up. Sometimes line drops and comes back up with either lower or same levels.