spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pinoyplayboi
join:2007-11-26
Warren, MI

pinoyplayboi

Dissapointing Cavtel Speeds.

I recently just got it, and to say the least I'm very disappointed. Advertised speeds of 10mb. Yes, I know DSL varies on a number of factors. But honestly, it's nothing better than my old WOW cable line. I'm literally getting the same speeds as WOW's 112kpbs service. I would've expected more than 100kb/s down? I'm in Warren, Michigan. Anyone else have the service around here? Also, Has anyone been able to access the modem? Generally, I have the modem/bridge by zhone.

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

hsindogg

Premium Member

How far are you from the CO?

I'm about 12,000 ft from the CO, and I get about 4mbps/768kps.

If you're close to the CO, I would call tech support and check the line settings...have them test the speed from the CO to your bridge.
pinoyplayboi
Warren, MI

pinoyplayboi

Well, I'm not entirely sure since the CO Distance Finder is down now. I guess I should call and ask about that. Now I just gotta go find the number.
pinoyplayboi

pinoyplayboi

Sorry for double post but heres the most recent speed test.

Mellow
Premium Member
join:2001-11-16
Salisbury, MD

Mellow to pinoyplayboi

Premium Member

to pinoyplayboi
Im at 11,000FT and get about the same as hsindogg See Profile

pinoyplayboi
Warren, MI

pinoyplayboi

Well the DSL service in Michigan is relatively new.. Maybe the speeds will go up in a couple years, but I doubt I'll have Cavalier for that long?
pinoyplayboi

pinoyplayboi

Another double post. Sorry, but do you guys know of any site that could tell you CO distances? Or do I have to call Cavtel to get the answer?

Mellow
Premium Member
join:2001-11-16
Salisbury, MD

Mellow to pinoyplayboi

Premium Member

to pinoyplayboi
Call cavalier, only way to really get your true distance. Verizon could tell you as well but won't since your with cavalier.
pinoyplayboi
Warren, MI

pinoyplayboi

Okay, thanks.
What number should I call?

S4m
@cavtel.net

S4m to pinoyplayboi

Anon

to pinoyplayboi
i have their 10mbit service here in baltimore and get about 1 MB/s downstream and 100 kb/s upload. Not bad in my opinion.
Landin_CH
join:2003-02-04
Fredericksburg, VA

Landin_CH to pinoyplayboi

to pinoyplayboi
4-5 megs at 7500ft from CO per CavTel.Net in Chancellor, VA

See »/archi ··· 14&r=296

Used to be 6+ megs when I first got service but no longer.

Asked for line test and they said I have line noise so I am waiting for CavTel technician to roll.

Happy Holidays.
Landin_CH

Landin_CH

CavTel sent Verizon line tech who put me on another cable set ... but didn't help much. See »/testh ··· 41/b9503
As I type this, ADSL modem shows 6112down/736up @ MultiMode. TX 10.3dB, SNR 15.0dB down/198dB up and Line Attenuation levels as 26.5dB down/14.0dB up. Sometimes line drops and comes back up with either lower or same levels.