spc
Search similar:

uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

per byte pricing

Verizon curently charges $2 per MB and it's rounded up. Who is going to go for that?

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster

Premium Member

Everyone here is looking at too big of a picture. They are going to charge per byte very soon but it's just going to push people into bundled plans and unlimited data.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
join:2003-04-03
Long Beach, CA

hopeflicker

Premium Member

said by MrMaster:

Everyone here is looking at too big of a picture. They are going to charge per byte very soon but it's just going to push people into bundled plans and unlimited data.
"unlimited data"?
LOL
We've heard that term before

dispatcher21
911 Where is your emergency?
join:2004-01-22
united state

1 edit

dispatcher21 to MrMaster

to MrMaster
I dont get the whole hub-bub. As it stands right now, if your not on a data plan, dont they bill by the byte? So whats would be new here?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

Verizon curently charges $2 per MB and it's rounded up. Who is going to go for that?
remember the days of $25 per kilobyte?

MrMaster
Rum Connoisseur
Premium Member
join:2000-12-16
St Thomas, VI

MrMaster to dispatcher21

Premium Member

to dispatcher21
said by dispatcher21:

I dont get the whole hub-bub. As it stands right now, if your not on a data plan, dont they bill by the byte? So whats would be new here?
This post is to answer both dvd536 and dispatcher21

1. I guess I should have clarified but a phone isn't going to be able to download even 5 gigs unless you are using it as a modem downloading isos and p2p. yeah, 5 gigs is the cap right now.

2. I can't find the topics on howardforums in regards to the per byte billing but it basically closes a bunch of loopholes and charges anyone who accesses data that isn't on vcast.

huntml
join:2002-01-23
Mullica Hill, NJ

huntml

And the VZ inside-the-walled-garden services (GIN, MW 2.0, VCast, etc.) will not be available to COAM users, so they will all be strictly billed-by-the-byte. This will make such devices extremely expensive to use for data on VZ's network, so I don't see how they are really expecting many takers.

This thing is really all about PR. Much less to it than meets the eye.