spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

contractor

@comcast.net

upstream

Comcast probably isnt worried too much about upstream because they know their customers arent either... the people on this forum are FAR, FAR, FAR away from the average internet customer. the best example i can give you is this. Ive been installing modems for them since they came out. roughly between 5000-8000 installs. Out of all those installs at most 5 people in 10 years even mentioned the word "UPSTREAM". and they were IT guys or busineses. Besides them the other 7995 people could care less or does not even know what upstream is or does. that is no exxageration and anyone that has done this day in day out will tell you the same thing.

JusticeDun

join:2004-10-15
Ohio
Yep, you hit the nail on the head. About 95 percent are pretty much clueless and the ISP's would like to keep it that way.

contractor

@comcast.net
said by JusticeDun:

Yep, you hit the nail on the head. About 95 percent are pretty much clueless and the ISP's would like to keep it that way.
nowhere near 95 %. more like 99.95 % in my experience that i listed above. I wouldnt say clueless either. Its just that comcast is faster than they use or need and thats all they care about. they were all smiling when i clicked the big blue "E" and thats all they care about.