share rss forum feed

BosstonesOwn

join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

5 recommendations

Any one else ?

Really tired of the ihype about ichristmas gifts and icontracts just to buy an iphone for iat&t ?

I mean really this damn thing didn't change the iworld now idid it ? I have iused this thing and it doen's do ianything that my motorola q does. Except cost the iboys and igirls a boat load of imoney for an itoy. Matter of fact these things have been ibanned from my ijob. And the iboys and igirls who have them icomplained.

im isick of all the ihype about this damn itoy.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

adisor19

join:2004-10-11

2 recommendations

Keep using your crashy WinMO Q and the pathetic excuse of a browser. If you would have actually used an iPhone, you would know what the hype is about. You obviously did not.

Adi

Titus
Mr Gradenko

join:2004-06-26
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..
reply to BosstonesOwn

iEye
Hmmm ...

BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
reply to adisor19
I have , it's not a decent phone for real use , maybe the ikids can use it but I can't in a real ibusiness iworld.
--
"It's always funny until someone gets hurt......and then it's absolutely friggin' hysterical!"

adisor19

Really ? Why is it not a decent phone ? And who the hell said this is a phone for the business world ? As far as i know it doesn't support exchange sync on BES so it was never meant for that. But give it some time and it will be.

You need to drop some of that lame fanboism and state some facts in your arguments if you want to look less ridiculous.

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium
join:2002-02-26
Miami, FL
reply to BosstonesOwn
I love it when people need to resort to putting an i in front of every other word just to be able to make it seem like their statement has a point.

MysticGogeta
The Robot Devil
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Katy, TX
reply to BosstonesOwn
iPhone might be great but AT&T ain't (Sorry bad rhyme) Untill its on another provider I don't think im going to get it.
--
Team Discovery-Join the fight

ARGONAUT
Have a nice day.
Premium
join:2006-01-24
New Albany, IN
reply to Titus
You know it

adisor19

reply to MadDog3057
They're usually M$ fabois.

Adi

BosstonesOwn

Wakefield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to adisor19
Ok where to start ?

Can't load an exchange web panel from its wifi or even on its cell web.

The wifi doesn't support radius so as to actually secure the tunnel.

Can't run a vpn app from the handheld since they locked it down. So much for security.

It doesn't synch well with outlooks phonebook.

For awhile it was flooding our cisco AP's off the network and killed almost all wireless use for most workers.

At&t's network coverage sucks.

The phone reception is horrible compared to my at&t razr v3 which is a mountain times worse then the Q. I can't take the phone anywhere else in the world and just insert the local companies sim to save us both data and phone charges.

The touch screen has to be unlocked to answer the phone ! Why ?

I am anything but a fanboi , I am fair and balanced and feel that each phone has it's role. This one has it's role as a toy phone.
--

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
Premium,MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to adisor19
Pot, Kettle, Black...

cvrefugee
Premium
join:2003-09-15
Riverside, CA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Charter

2 recommendations

reply to adisor19
said by adisor19:

Adi
And replacing "S" with "$" makes you so much more mature?

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
Premium,MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA
kudos:18

1 edit
reply to adisor19

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium
join:2003-04-03
Long Beach, CA

1 recommendation

reply to adisor19
said by adisor19:

Adi
You have that all wrong!

Apple is the over priced company.
--
People pray to God because they're told to.

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

reply to BosstonesOwn
said by BosstonesOwn:

Ok where to start ?

Can't run a vpn app from the handheld since they locked it down. So much for security.
This is all stuff a normal user would not be doing on their phone.

said by BosstonesOwn:

For awhile it was flooding our cisco AP's off the network and killed almost all wireless use for most workers.
This was an issue with Cisco as the university that was complaining of the same issue discovered.

said by BosstonesOwn:

If you're referring to coverage as in areas where they offer coverage then I agree some places will not have good coverage. Otherwise, if by coverage you mean signal strength in an area then I wonder why at&t is the #1 provider in terms of subscribers.

said by BosstonesOwn:

The touch screen has to be unlocked to answer the phone ! Why ?
It does not need to be unlocked to answer the phone. If that were the case you would need to unlock the phone and then pick up the call. Instead you just swipe your finger across to the screen to pick up the call.

said by BosstonesOwn:

I am anything but a fanboi , I am fair and balanced and feel that each phone has it's role. This one has it's role as a toy phone.
If it was a toy then it would not actually make any calls and it would be made entirely out of plastic.
--
"The only thing that’s worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."

"Nothing is impossible, you just don't have the technology or the knowledge to do it"

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium
Miami, FL
reply to hopeflicker
said by hopeflicker:

said by adisor19:

Adi
You have that all wrong!

If by over priced you mean it has a higher stock price and Microsoft then yes. It is.
--
"The only thing that’s worse than being blind is having sight but no vision."

"Nothing is impossible, you just don't have the technology or the knowledge to do it"

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium
join:2005-01-03

1 recommendation

reply to adisor19
said by adisor19:

You need to drop some of that lame fanboism and state some facts in your arguments if you want to look less ridiculous.
Pot calling the kettle black?

PolarBear03
Premium
reply to BosstonesOwn
Bosstones, I agree with you, but if you precede another word with "i" again, I'll be forced to iSlap you.

PolarBear03
Premium

1 recommendation

reply to dadkins
LOL JINX!

Ahrenl

join:2004-10-26
North Andover, MA
reply to MadDog3057
I believe he's using the term "toy" like you would use for a plasma TV. "Look at my new 50 inch Toy".

And in that case, he's absolutely correct.

Ahrenl

North Andover, MA
reply to MadDog3057
No, he's refering to how things with equal computing power cost more when mixed with fruit.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to BosstonesOwn
quote:
It doesn't synch well with outlooks phonebook.

It's a non-Microsoft product targeted at recreational use.

quote:
That was determined to be a Cisco problem. Even if it were Apple's problem, it's not like Microsoft's products are perfect on the first shot, either.

quote:

The phone reception is horrible compared to my at&t razr v3 which is a mountain times worse then the Q.
I find that comment interesting. My iPhone's cell signal quality is much better than my Samsung Blackjack. We have marginal coverage here at the house, and the iPhone is the first phone I've had (out of many, including Motorola phones) that actually seems to work reliably here. If anything, it's certainly not "mountains worse".
quote:
The touch screen has to be unlocked to answer the phone ! Why?
I like that. It means I won't accidentally answer the call taking it out of my pocket. The gesture to answer it is one action and is hardly difficult.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium
Long Beach, CA
reply to MadDog3057
said by MadDog3057:

said by hopeflicker:

said by adisor19:

Adi
You have that all wrong!

If by over priced you mean it has a higher stock price and Microsoft then yes. It is.
LOL @ your over priced mouse

$50 of a fucking mouse?
unreal

Dont get me started on the ipod arm bands

»store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/W···B112LL/A
--

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to MadDog3057
said by MadDog3057:

said by hopeflicker:

said by adisor19:

Adi
You have that all wrong!

Get back to me when Apple can actually compete against Microsoft in the stock market.

MSFT: Mkt Cap: 313.22B; Shares: 9.36B
AAPL: Mkt Cap: 160.16B; Shares: 875.54M

adisor19

reply to PolarBear03
No not at all. Looks like this post has already been answered while i had lunch. Once some arguments are provided rather then a ilame post, he gets a little more credibility.

Adi

adisor19

reply to cvrefugee
Absolutely. Hell, even penny arcade made a comic about it. Look it up. :P

Adi

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium
Long Beach, CA
reply to Rob
said by Rob:

Get back to me when Apple can actually compete against Microsoft in the stock market.

Stock prices does absolutely nothing for the consumer when they are in the store buying products.
--

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by hopeflicker:

said by Rob:

Stock prices does absolutely nothing for the consumer when they are in the store buying products.
They do more than you think.

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to Ahrenl
quote:
No, he's refering to how things with equal computing power cost more when mixed with fruit.
I agree to a certain extent. Now that Apple is using Intel stuff, it's easier to make comparisons. From what I can tell, Apple's hardware isn't generally terribly "overpriced" when it first comes out. Apple tends to offer high end stuff (e.g., the minimum configuration of their Mac Pro tower is a dual Xeon Woodcrest). It was actually cheaper than a comparable Dell Precision workstation. The same was true of my Mac Pro.

Of course, now you look at the same machine, you can get "consumer grade" quad core chips that perform just as well for far less money.

The issue is the price and spec usually stays the same (or close to the same) over the course of the year or two during the product's lifecycle, and they're slow to offer new versions of their products. So depending on where you buy in the product's lifecycle it's somewhere between high end and overpriced. They don't do "bang for the buck".

The upshot to all of this is that Apple has more definitive hardware platforms. Because they hang onto a certain configurations, they are more likely to maintain them and deal with quirks that may arise. You're less likely to end up with an "obscure" model that's hard to find support for.
--
Laser eye surgery rocks! I love frickin' laser beams.

Ahrenl

North Andover, MA
I suppose. I look on computers as disposable, as it's generally less expensive to replace than repair. Kind of like a CRT TV.

I'm also jaded because I build my own systems, so I don't repurchase the OS and other apps everytime I "upgrade". I end up with superior parts for close to what budget boxes cost, thus they end up being superior in spec to Macs. I don't think ANY of the pre-built systems are good; so I'm not just picking on Macs. They just don't have a budget box for me to compare to.