Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium Member
join:2002-02-26
Miami, FL

MadDog3057 to BosstonesOwn

Premium Member

to BosstonesOwn

Re: Any one else ?

I love it when people need to resort to putting an i in front of every other word just to be able to make it seem like their statement has a point.

adisor19
join:2004-10-11

adisor19

They're usually M$ fabois.

Adi

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 recommendation

dadkins

MVM

Pot, Kettle, Black...

PolarBear03
The bear formerly known as aaron8301
Premium Member
join:2005-01-03

1 recommendation

PolarBear03

Premium Member

LOL JINX!

cvrefugee
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Riverside, CA

2 recommendations

cvrefugee to adisor19

Premium Member

to adisor19
said by adisor19:

Adi
And replacing "S" with "$" makes you so much more mature?

adisor19
join:2004-10-11

adisor19

Absolutely. Hell, even penny arcade made a comic about it. Look it up. :P

Adi

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 edit

dadkins to adisor19

MVM

to adisor19

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
join:2003-04-03
Long Beach, CA

1 recommendation

hopeflicker to adisor19

Premium Member

to adisor19
said by adisor19:

Adi
You have that all wrong!

Apple is the over priced company.

MadDog3057
Ex Astris, Scientia
Premium Member
join:2002-02-26
Miami, FL

MadDog3057

Premium Member

said by hopeflicker:
said by adisor19:

Adi
You have that all wrong!

If by over priced you mean it has a higher stock price and Microsoft then yes. It is.
Ahrenl
join:2004-10-26
North Andover, MA

Ahrenl

No, he's refering to how things with equal computing power cost more when mixed with fruit.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx

Premium Member

quote:
No, he's refering to how things with equal computing power cost more when mixed with fruit.
I agree to a certain extent. Now that Apple is using Intel stuff, it's easier to make comparisons. From what I can tell, Apple's hardware isn't generally terribly "overpriced" when it first comes out. Apple tends to offer high end stuff (e.g., the minimum configuration of their Mac Pro tower is a dual Xeon Woodcrest). It was actually cheaper than a comparable Dell Precision workstation. The same was true of my Mac Pro.

Of course, now you look at the same machine, you can get "consumer grade" quad core chips that perform just as well for far less money.

The issue is the price and spec usually stays the same (or close to the same) over the course of the year or two during the product's lifecycle, and they're slow to offer new versions of their products. So depending on where you buy in the product's lifecycle it's somewhere between high end and overpriced. They don't do "bang for the buck".

The upshot to all of this is that Apple has more definitive hardware platforms. Because they hang onto a certain configurations, they are more likely to maintain them and deal with quirks that may arise. You're less likely to end up with an "obscure" model that's hard to find support for.
Ahrenl
join:2004-10-26
North Andover, MA

Ahrenl

I suppose. I look on computers as disposable, as it's generally less expensive to replace than repair. Kind of like a CRT TV.

I'm also jaded because I build my own systems, so I don't repurchase the OS and other apps everytime I "upgrade". I end up with superior parts for close to what budget boxes cost, thus they end up being superior in spec to Macs. I don't think ANY of the pre-built systems are good; so I'm not just picking on Macs. They just don't have a budget box for me to compare to.
Cowboy86
join:2004-02-06
Franklinville, NJ

Cowboy86 to djrobx

to djrobx
Actually they're not. In comparison you can get 750 GB more of storage, 7 GB more of ram, HD DVD burner, 950 watt power supply, 2 Quad core 2.4 Ghz xeon's that are overclockable and a good 3rd party dual processor motherboard for much cheaper than a Mac Pro. With better warranties most of the time.
attengineer
join:2007-09-26
Westland, MI

attengineer to Ahrenl

to Ahrenl
Absolutely untrue. Other than a flea market special... component for component a Mac is actually cheaper then a similiar Dell or HP or Gateway PC. Wont count Emachine because no one (who knows better) would buy one.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
Long Beach, CA

hopeflicker

Premium Member

"Mac is actually cheaper then a similiar Dell or HP or Gateway PC"

I lol'd at that
attengineer
join:2007-09-26
Westland, MI

attengineer

Need proof? Or can you go to Dell.com and Apple.com and build a like for like machine yourself?

Sometimes I just get tired of having to do the work myself for the clueless. But I will if I need to again I guess.

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
Long Beach, CA

hopeflicker to MadDog3057

Premium Member

to MadDog3057
said by MadDog3057:
said by hopeflicker:
said by adisor19:

Adi
You have that all wrong!

If by over priced you mean it has a higher stock price and Microsoft then yes. It is.
LOL @ your over priced mouse

$50 of a fucking mouse?
unreal

Dont get me started on the ipod arm bands

»store.apple.com/1-800-MY ··· B112LL/A

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to MadDog3057

Premium Member

to MadDog3057
said by MadDog3057:

said by hopeflicker:
said by adisor19:

Adi
You have that all wrong!

Get back to me when Apple can actually compete against Microsoft in the stock market.

MSFT: Mkt Cap: 313.22B; Shares: 9.36B
AAPL: Mkt Cap: 160.16B; Shares: 875.54M

hopeflicker
Capitalism breeds greed
Premium Member
Long Beach, CA

hopeflicker

Premium Member

said by Robert:

Get back to me when Apple can actually compete against Microsoft in the stock market.

Stock prices does absolutely nothing for the consumer when they are in the store buying products.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by hopeflicker:

said by Robert:

Stock prices does absolutely nothing for the consumer when they are in the store buying products.
They do more than you think.
Cowboy86
join:2004-02-06
Franklinville, NJ

Cowboy86 to MadDog3057

to MadDog3057
Wow, Do you realize that for 2500 the price of a basic Mac Pro you can buy what Apple charges for the 6500 dollar version? With better warranties and everything? It's not like Mac doesn't buy/steal everything from everyone else. I mean they outsource everything to ASUS. Get over yourselves. You're shit sucks just like everyone else's
Cowboy86

Cowboy86 to adisor19

to adisor19
Wow, you are obviously an igorant Apple fanboy. Who probably voted for Dubya. Who also looks like a terrorist. I have never seen a Microsoft fanboy in my life. Maybe it's because no one that uses windows gives a shit. Your overpriced crap doesn't cut it in the real world without the hype.