Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

vicdave

@telus.net

Login to Siemens SE567

I have connected to a new Siemens SE567 using 192.168.1.254
I have clicked on the login point and received the login panel
I have tried admin and telus for username and pw, (blank) and telus, admin and admin etc. with no luck. It keeps telling me I need a username.

Is there a chance Telus sent me a returned unit and someone has altered the pw from default? Is is possible to reset to factory (or telus) defaults with a button push?

joshb
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Premium
join:2006-03-04
Calgary, AB

Check this link out It will give the information you need to setup the SE567
--
common sense isn't so common....is it?

vicdave

@telus.net

Check this link out It will give the information you need to setup the SE567

Thanks for trying to help but the info at that link is exactly what I described doing when I posted the question. i.e. the IP address given there got me into the login screen, the stuff I tried for username and password (as suggested at that link) did not work for me. I am hoping someone has some fresh suggestions that might get me further, such as how to do a reset on this device to take it back to defaults in case another password had been set.

netwerk2
Premium
join:2003-02-03
BC

There is a reset button on the bottom of the router. Hold it in until the power light flashes or goes out

vicdave

@telus.net

Thank you, found the button and held it for a while, the power light started flashing red so I released it. The leds kept flashing for quite some time and then back to normal. I then tried logging in again either starting with the username "admin" that was already there and using the password "telus" or blanking out the username and using the password "telus". In each case it came back with a line in RED that stated: "username required".

netwerk2
Premium
BC

I just tried the "reset" button on the bottom of a se567 here. I changed the password from the default "telus" one to something different then did a reset. The modem went back to the default settings with a username of "admin" and password of "telus" . Sounds like there might be something wrong with your modem

Try a few diff ways to reset.

1)Hold the reset button in for 30 secs

or

2)Hold the reset button and turn the modem on

I doubt either will work because all you have to do to reset the modem is hold the reset button for 10 secs.

Does your modem say telus on the top and telus on the webpage screens

netwerk2
Premium
BC

1 edit
reply to vicdave

Weird just happened to me after playing around for a bit. Mine is now telling me "username required"

I use a mac at home.

It only does this when I use the Safari browser

If I use firefox it works fine

I have reset Safari and cleared cache and saved forms and it still give me the error.

What OS and browser do u use?

vicdave

@telus.net

Interesting thought about the browser. I am using Leopard (10.5.1) and Safari (3.0.4) and don't have another browser installed. But it might be worth getting Firefox to see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the suggestion - easier to try Firefox before trying to pursue this with Telus.

vicdave

@telus.net
reply to netwerk2

netwerk, Thanks for this great insight! This was exactly what the problem was.

I use Leopard (10.5.1) and Safari (3.0.4) and didn't have another browser installed. I downloaded Firefox (haven't followed the progress on this and not sure it is Leopard ready yet because it wouldn't quit) and it worked for getting into the Siemens box. Had a quick look around to see how limited the settings are and probably won't install it. But at least now I can have a more thorough look at what it can do, if I change my mind.

Thanks again.

RWiebe

join:2002-11-27
T8W 5K5

You can not access the SE567 control panel with Safari but you can with Camino or FireFox. It is Safari that is the issue. This is the same issue as some bank sites run into with safari.

nokiasac

@cablerocket.net

I'm pretty sure that is what netwerk said...

ROD

@telus.com
reply to RWiebe

I might help ya guys. for MAC, configure Built-in Ethernet and Clear out the DHCP Client ID box. and try opening the GUI again.

Cheers,

ggggggghhhhhhr

@telus.net
reply to vicdave

user name admin password telus

netwerk2
Premium
BC
reply to ROD

made no difference. I still can not use Safari with the se567

I had to use camino or firefox