Hercules, CA

1 edit

3 recommendations

dadkins to ATMW

MVM

to ATMW

Re: Do as we say...not as we do

said by ATMW :

That's why I only buy CDs. I can then move the song into a form I can use. They can stick all their "electronic" locked to one machine" crap back up into that dark place it came from.

I also can later "sell" or "give" the used CD to a store/friend and recoup some of my dollars if I tire of the artist or hate the music.

There is no present method of transferring an electronic track from person to person or machine to machine, outside of the physical plastic CD. Much less "sell" the used electronic tracks. So why buy the songs in that format at a quality below what I want. I don't NEED to have every new CD that comes out. Buying the plastic CD gives me the ability to transfer the ownership of the songs to a 2nd party.

I hope the RIAA starves and goes the way of the Dinosaurs (that didn't adapt to changes) in their environment!

Dino.....
Can't apply that to DVDs or HD DVD/Blu-ray.
Decryption is illegal!
You can only play the item, you cannot back it up to protect your investment from getting damaged! That is illegal!
Damaged to the point of not working? Tough shit! Go buy another copy!

Yeah yeah, *I* can copy them...

EDIT: Typo.

Jigsaw
Stardust We Are
Premium Member
join:2000-10-21
Cleveland, OH

1 recommendation

Jigsaw

Premium Member

Its a proven fact you could make money selling entire CD's for 2 to 3 bucks ask allofmp3(they paid the fucking Roms and the riaa refused to take it so stfu anti-pirate guys).Now to the point why don't the record industry do the same thing.IM not talking full price for some iTunes 128 bit Garbage im talking your choice from 128(very low price) to lossless(High price).Why am i going to go on iTunes and pay full price for 128 bit when i can go to Best buy or were ever and buy the Cd at the same price and rip it to whatever i want without that stupid DRM.There is a ton of money to be made if they(riaa/mpaa) ever get there head out of there collective ass and look.
The Antihero
join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

The Antihero to dadkins

to dadkins
said by dadkins:

Decryption is illegal!
Only if you get caught.

Rofl at topic
@tpgi.com.au

Rofl at topic to dadkins

Anon

to dadkins
Movies aside, some games DO allow you to make back up copies to keep them same.

But these days I buy online/download about 80% of my games (steam direct2drive etc).

Back to original topic:
I laughed so hard at this. I especially love the fact they ignored all attempts to contact them. That's just great. It reminds me of a parent screaming at a kid "JUST DO WHAT I SAY NOT WHAT I DO!"