spc
Search similar:

uniqs

gilih
@netvision.net.il

gilih

Anon

internet with WDS

I have 3crwe554g72t that connect to the internet, I added 3crwer100-75 to the net (as repeater using WDS). the old router is the master and the new one is the repeater. Workstations connected to the repeater gets an IP from the master (via the repeater - DHCP relay). the default gateway they get is the master, but still can't ping to it and of course cannot get to the internet. Workstations connected to the master can get to the internet, but cannot ping to the repeater.
Can someone help me understand this and to get a solution.

Thanks, Gili
Reuven
join:2007-12-09

1 edit

Reuven

I can't figure out how to setup WDS using 2 3CRWER100-75. WDS option is so limited on the configuration page, I can choose only between WDS-RootAP or WDS-STA..
Do anyone know the settings for this implementation? Or is my firmware too old? I have the firmware version 1.2.0.

Thanks.

Francesco
goldyoav
join:2008-01-28

goldyoav to gilih

to gilih
Hi Gili,
I have the same problem, with same routers.
Any solution up till now?

Thanks,

Yoav

gilih
@netvision.net.il

gilih

Anon

To all,

The old models cannot work with the new one!!!! since the old communicates using MAC address and the new one is using SSID.

From Linksys I got a solution - to use Edimax EW-7206PDg that can act as Universal Repeater - can connect to any wireless network with no extra setting in base (router)!!! here is the link:
»www.edimax.com/en/produc ··· pd_id=20

Hope that helps... it did to me!

Gili.