spc
uniqs
45612019 (banned)
join:2004-02-05
New York, NY

45612019 (banned) to SB7785

to SB7785

Re: [TWC] TW Officially Announces Packet Shaping for All RR User

You people also seem to be forgetting about Cox and Comcast.

Both of these ISPs employ Sandvine, and I have personally experienced problems trying to download from a torrent with solely Comcast and Cox users seeding. I could usually download for about 15 seconds and then the connection would drop. I had to keep stopping and starting the torrent to inch my way along to completion.

This might not even be a problem on Time Warner's end, it could be a problem like I have described.

JohnF350KR
join:2007-09-08
Peoria, AZ

JohnF350KR

I was a former Cox customer in Las Vegas before I moved to Moreno Valley, CA. Not once did I ever experience any issues with my connection. I would have to say that Cox had the most stable connection in Vegas than anyone else. I did use utorrent and never had problems with my downloads. But with TWC I've had nothing but problems from install date till present.
45612019 (banned)
join:2004-02-05
New York, NY

45612019 (banned)

said by JohnF350KR:

I was a former Cox customer in Las Vegas before I moved to Moreno Valley, CA. Not once did I ever experience any issues with my connection. I would have to say that Cox had the most stable connection in Vegas than anyone else. I did use utorrent and never had problems with my downloads. But with TWC I've had nothing but problems from install date till present.
I was once a Cox customer as well. Things have changed in the past few months. Did you miss the notice that was posted in the news section a few weeks ago about them employing Sandvine?

JohnF350KR
join:2007-09-08
Peoria, AZ

JohnF350KR

I've been a TWC customer since October. I had Cox back in Sept. and never got any notice providing any of that info. Of course Las Vegas has totally different rules and regulations than most other states. I'm not sure if Sandvine was aloud in Vegas but at this point anything is possible now.