uniqs
share rss forum feed

DSL987

join:2000-03-22
Helotes, TX
reply to cypherstream

Re: [TWC] Time Warner Navigator

said by cypherstream:

2007.....Since then, customers have flooded Time Warner's help lines, and my mailbox, with horror stories of sitting down to watch a recorded show, only to discover their DVRs had been wiped clean by the new software. Others were put off by the new menuing system, or driven mad by the three-second response times each time they pressed a button on their remotes, or felt like they were in a car with bad brakes each time they tried to fast-forward through a show ... the list went on.

And here we are almost 5 years later and I still have these problems in San Antonio after numerous complaints to TWC.
I finally got sick enough that I threatened to go to ATT and they cut my cable bill in half to keep me. Well I guess I'll put up with the BS for a while longer as it's not costing me so much anymore, but it's frustrating to know that this has been going on for 5 years and they still have not fixed it. Worse still they act like they have never heard of these problems before when you complain.

Satch

join:2009-11-25

said by DSL987:

said by cypherstream:

2007.....Since then, customers have flooded Time Warner's help lines, and my mailbox, with horror stories of sitting down to watch a recorded show, only to discover their DVRs had been wiped clean by the new software. Others were put off by the new menuing system, or driven mad by the three-second response times each time they pressed a button on their remotes, or felt like they were in a car with bad brakes each time they tried to fast-forward through a show ... the list went on.

And here we are almost 5 years later and I still have these problems in San Antonio after numerous complaints to TWC.
I finally got sick enough that I threatened to go to ATT and they cut my cable bill in half to keep me. Well I guess I'll put up with the BS for a while longer as it's not costing me so much anymore, but it's frustrating to know that this has been going on for 5 years and they still have not fixed it. Worse still they act like they have never heard of these problems before when you complain.

My division in Wisconsin (Metro Milwaukee) has had a very good track record with cable,

With only about five to ten service calls, (and it's closer to five than it is to ten) in the 25+years, maybe we have just been very, very lucky, I don't know. I mean from time to time, I'll have SDV issues and slowness. Our This TV affiliate is one station that sometimes breaks up. But if something happens, it is corrected very very quickly. My concerns with cable are the rising costs, and the lack of some features that should be there, across the boxes but are not: (Keyword Search, A Guide Filter that works on Search Screens, a few other things.)

This latest version has been very good ODN 5.2.09 even on my SA-8300HDC. But my point is not to talk about my reasonable success with TWC. I'd rather talk about its failures in other divisions who always seem to have problems, and what do you guys believe the main culprits are in this situation? I think a very poor infrastructure in some areas might be the problem. Aging nodes, questionable maintenance schedules, lack of proper training by the engineers and developers. And maybe some of them make an honest effort. This might even come down to local office managers. If they are qualified and know their systems and the people behind it, this shows good service can follow. If they are incompetent or apathetic at their main offices, all the nodes and infrastructure connections, communications and training, suffers because of a failed intrastructure. And if you are one of those TWC subs in a failed intrastructure, playing anywhere from $150-$300+ for service levels, and you have had the service calls and trouble checks for more than five years, I would drop the cable TV part of services, and try another provider OR just drop the vendors altogether and go with over-the air with an antenna (OTA) and maybe a Netfix subscription.

There remains the issue of too much variance with system quality and control of that quality. Top VIP's like Glenn Britt are marketing heads, but do they understand the issues with system quality control and the inconsistent problems associated across divisions? I say no. They think that their equipment can (or will) do anything over time. But as people have told me, it's a "pie in the sky approach." If local managers are only lukewarm about caring, to totally apathetic, that almost never gets passed on to higher-ups, resulting in communication and system breakdowns.

I don't know if U-Verse, Dish Network, or Direct TV carries its own set of problems. Over the last decades, research has shown me, with the help of those who subscribe to each service, is that cable has better HD, Start Over/Look Back, and Caller ID on TV with Digital Phone, and a huge Video on Demand Section (VOD) that the competition can't match. I also understand that the competition requires a one to two year programing commitment, where TWC does not.

Reliability at TWC with regards to the Cable TV equipment is the worst part of TWC's infrastructure. They keep trying to update old and outdated set top boxes, who's hardware and processors are outdated. Their reliance on SDV has proven to be more of a hindrance than a help, and quality control has shifted more to the excellence of their High Speed Internet and Digital Phone Service. For TWC, the care of Cable TV service became divergent, because some divisions believed that they make so much money off of Internet and Phone Service, that Cable TV no longer was at the top of the priority list. Too many different types of boxes, too much confusion over makes and set-top models has created a system where Customer A can do this and this with his box. Customer B can do this and this, but not that with his box, Customer C's box has never worked, and Customer D, has had no problems at all.

My best guess is because Direct TV and Dish Network have less box models to choose from, don't have to worry about nodes and parameters, who has what, it improves the intrastructure. The requirements of a programming commitment for one to two years, and less HD than TWC, and the loss of VOD's variety with TWC, are offset by lower prices from the competition and better equipment. Direct TV and Dish Network care about having reasonably modern boxes. Satellites' intrastructure is better. Overall customer service with Direct TV has a better "good" consistency than cable. Although unlike cable, you do have to pay for service calls with the Satellite and U-Verse companies. Cable is still better at discount deals when those promotional rates expire. But it's overall equipment reliability on the TV end of it, that always seems to be TWC's nail in the coffin.

Satch

DSL987

join:2000-03-22
Helotes, TX

said by Satch:

And if you are one of those TWC subs in a failed intrastructure, playing anywhere from $150-$300+ for service levels, and you have had the service calls and trouble checks for more than five years, I would drop the cable TV part of services, and try another provider OR just drop the vendors altogether and go with over-the air with an antenna (OTA) and maybe a Netfix subscription.

Satch

Well this is their last chance, and I must say I'm more willing to tolerate problems if I'm getting a reduced price. The phone and internet service have always been good, its just the cable part that drives me nuts.

Satch

said by DSL987:

said by Satch:

And if you are one of those TWC subs in a failed intrastructure, playing anywhere from $150-$300+ for service levels, and you have had the service calls and trouble checks for more than five years, I would drop the cable TV part of services, and try another provider OR just drop the vendors altogether and go with over-the air with an antenna (OTA) and maybe a Netfix subscription.

Satch

Well this is their last chance, and I must say I'm more willing to tolerate problems if I'm getting a reduced price. The phone and internet service have always been good, its just the cable part that drives me nuts.

Just curious,

What box or boxes do you have? Do you have Navigator or I-Guide? I really blame so much of cable TV's problems on an inconistent interstructure. And I am sure that other cable providers have the same fate. In your area of Texas, does your city have a lot of old wiring and connections between houses and streets? I think a lot of times customers have the same problems in the nodes and it can often be caused by some failing transmitters on a street. But what happens, is a lot of times, budget cuts and political issues prevent out-dated wiring from being repaird in these nodes. The tech may not know what to do beyond the line-drop replacement that goes to the customers' house or do a box swap. Meaning that a lot of times, you have city wiring that is 30 years old, and the modern technology can't handle the interstructure. It's a complex problem.

Satch

Satch

Cold Reboot to fix the slowness on the SA-8300HDC.

Everything back to normal. It seems that ODN 5.2.09 may start to stack commands resulting in a gradual slowdown after about three weeks to a month. Data buffers should be made to be in place for "Please Wait" "Loading Data" screens. Is TWC loading the search data from the head-ends after EVERY search command from the boxes? If so, this needs improvement for the next release. Having search data in the buffer will improve search speeds for all the boxes.

Satch

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
reply to cypherstream

I noticed this morning that my non DVR cablebox had updated overnight.

gia

join:2008-01-30
Mcallen, TX

said by juilinsandar:

Yes, it happened this morning at around 2AM. Clicking noises woke me up at 2:30AM and I saw the STB box display boot and rxxx and then Prxxx.

This morning I noticed that the guide look and feel had changed on my two SA boxes.

Satch

said by gia:

said by juilinsandar:

Yes, it happened this morning at around 2AM. Clicking noises woke me up at 2:30AM and I saw the STB box display boot and rxxx and then Prxxx.

This morning I noticed that the guide look and feel had changed on my two SA boxes.

Texas must have the new Black Guide now.

Satch

gia

Mcallen, TX

said by Satch:

said by gia:

said by juilinsandar:

Texas must have the new Black Guide now.

Satch

Yes, it looks darker (black) are there any other improvements? Feature-wise, operational?

Satch

2 edits

said by gia:

Yes, it looks darker (black) are there any other improvements? Feature-wise, operational?

Guide Filtering has been added to the Time Grid:

1.) Press Guide twice
2.) You can filter the grid by the following:

*All Channels (default)
*High Definition
*Favorites
*On Demand

An additional filter of *Subscribed Channels is coming in a future release.

Tips: Filtering will "stick" (hold) until the customer changes it.
Filtering applies only to the Time Grid at this juncture
Press "Guide" when in the Filter List, or the Exit button to exit.

The "A" button allows you to find channel locations by their names. Unfortunately, only popular stations are shown in this menu and local networks are not on this list. However, it would be hard to add 300 channels to the "A" button Find Channels List.

My hope for a future release is that the keyboard search "B" button will default to search for all instances of keywords typed into the keyboard for a future release. This way, Titles, one-word phrases, and actors would show up on the left hand side of the list in search results. I made a little tutorial showing how to find movies, shows, and sports titles using the keyboard that has helped a lot of people. I will repost that here for you:

FINDING TITLES OF SHOWS ON THE TWC NAVIGATOR KEYBOARD:

A. For Movies or Show Titles
1.) Press B to Search You can Toggle Between Catagory and Keyboard Title Search.
2.) Spell the name of the show or movie. If the first word is "The" or "A", the first letter of the second word begins the Title.

B. For Sports
1.) Press the B button to Search
2.) Press the B button again to Category Search
3.) Select Sports
4.) Select desired sport for which you want to see games and times
5.) Now, using the Keyboard, key in the following to get to your sport faster:

1.) Type "MLB" for a list of Major League Baseball games.

2.) Type "NFL" for a list of Pro Football Games

3.) Type "College Football" for a list of College Football Games. (You'll see the listings as you start to type "college" in the Sports/Football category.)

4.) Type "PGA" for a list of Professional Golf Events.

5.)Type "NBA for a list of Pro Basketball Games.

6.) Type "ATP" for a list of Professional Tennis Matches.

7.) Type "US Open" for US Open Matches. (Under Sports Listings, Tennis Category.)

8.) Type "Wimbledon" for Wimbledon Coverage. (May also appear under the ATP Tennis listings.)

9.) Type "MLS" for Major League Soccer Games.

10.) Type "NHL" for National Hockey Games.

11.) Type "Nascar" For Auto Racing. (Found Under Sports, "Racing" Category.)

**Notes A few sports like Horse Racing do not have a specific category at this time and can be found under the Sports Category of "Other" (After going to the sports category and selecting "Other", find the "Horse Racing" Listings.

** The Year of a sport may also appear within a sports category, and will be first on the list when you narrow down your category search. To illustrate, you might go to do a Search for Tennis, (B Search) than B Category Search-Sports-Tennis- and and the left side of the screen might show 2012 US Open Championship as the first item in the category list. This is because the guide system organizes numbered listings before letter listings.

As you start to key in the words, watch how the results on the left-side of the screen change. If you spend some time in the Sports Category, you can add to this list. Your goal is to type in the name in the Sports Category that the Guide shows on the left-hand side.

Once you know how the Sports Titles are represented, you won't get so lost thinking, "Why do I type the word "Football" or the word "Baseball" as the only word on the keyboard and there's nothing there? TWC's Navigator Standard Keyboard goes by searching of the Title for each category. Using my above examples should help immensely!

(Feel free to save and print this information for reference.)

Satch

gia

Mcallen, TX

Tnx, I'll keep this information handy.

One thing I (we) would like to see is a HD guide/GUI... maybe later.

rv65
Premium
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!
kudos:1

HD Guide is coming some day, if your box is recent. Those with SA boxes will not get it, but those with Samsung, Motorola DCX-M, or Cisco boxes will get it.

Satch

Consistent patterns of slowdown in the guide 30-45 days after a cold reboot:

Hey All,

I reported to the TWC Direct to Tech Forum about several divisions having that 30-45 day pattern of slowness since the upgrade to ODN 5.2.09. The keyboard seems to remain at good speed, but the other menus start to slow down after that time. In my division, they seem to be good up until that 30-45 day cycle. The only way to bring the guide back up to speed is to do a cold reboot. This has occurred in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area on my SA-8300HDC box, which is fine with this last update until the slowdown starts. I have friends in the North Carolina region and the Syracuse, New York area, with modern Cisco boxes that have the exact same slowdown trend, so this has to be a software related issue.

Satch

Satch

2 edits

As much as a love TWC Digital Phone service and TWC High Speed Internet service, TWC is too far behind the times and unreliable in its Navigator Guide reliability, usage, and feature sets. I would really like to see TWC bring in top certified program guide design people to do the guide. The newest version of Passport even blows Navigator away.

I have asked many, and TWC phone service and Internet service is thriving, it is superb and continues to grow. I think TWC going to a different company for the guide, and having that company take total control of the IPG would make cable TV service a thousand times better for customers. Here are some cool pics of competitor guides. Scroll down and you'll see how Passport looks now: (The third option. I miss that GUI and had Passport from 2002-2008 with no issues:)

»www.adrianatavares.com/workiTV.php

Additionally, Buckeye Cable is a small cable company out of Ohio that got a new modern guide recently in addition to like a 100+ page manufacture's manual at their website. It has all the cool features that Navigator doesn't. Here you go:

Look and download the PDF file on the right-side at this webpage. Now this is a modern guide, from a small company:

»www.buckeyecablesystem.com/gateway/

A very good friend of mine who has worked in software development for twenty years, has had so many problems in the Syracuse New York area with his TWC TV/Navigator service in addition to the subs with TWC that he services. Missed recordings, sound drop-outs, daily reboots, issues that have gone up to level three tech support and nothing has ever worked. Box swaps, line drop replacements, amplifiers. The guide has been a nightmare for him.

He wants TWC to turn over Navigator's development to a more qualified design team. Over at the TWC Untangled Blog, he gives a beautifully detailed list of what Navigator needs to bring it up-to-date, with TWC's excellent High Speed Internet and Phone Services:

I have posted his suggestions below:

How to "Seriously" Improve The TWC Navigator Experience

If you guys are serious about fixing this mess, here are the top ten things you need to do because I’m ready to switch providers solely based on the performance of this software (Yes, it’s THAT bad!)

Top Ten ways to make the guide user friendly:

1) Auto HD for all channels. Yes, this is likely controlled from the headend on a division by division basis, but it’s needed.

2) A real Guide Filter option. Allow for addition/subtraction of channels from the guide and scan. You wouldn't have all the confusion you mention in the blog if you opted for a true guide filter.

3) Change the orientation of the DVR List screen so you can read the show names. Right now they are almost all cutoff. Then add Folders for the DVR List

4) Have KEYWORD search that defaults to ALL and nothing else. Why the redundant options for Title, Name, etc. If it searches ALL, then no matter what the person types in, it should find it.

5) Remove kick to live after watching a recorded show and default back to list

6) Ability to set list display by title or by date as it currently always defaults to date (SARA did 4 & 5)

7) Move to a 16×9 GUI and utilize the extra screen real estate (on boxes that support it)

8) Have a dedicated setting/list for priority. You currently have to go through each and every show to shuffle it in the priority list where a simple click and move list would do.

9) For Whole Home: Show scheduled recordings among all devices to avoid duplicates

10) For Whole Home: Use other DVR’s for conflict resolution. If a DVR has a conflict and nothing is scheduled on a connected device, send the recording there. This requires implementation of #8

Some of these are features that other guide have had for literally a DECADE! Some, like the last for multi-room may not be available yet or require very advanced programming – however, the units can see each others lists, so manipulating them should be possible.

Now, those are competitiveres to make it competitive and user friendly. One of the other key issues is stability! Right now, many of of face near daily reboots just to make it function properly. It bogs down, has audio drop outs, and various other issues. You can find much more detailed and HONEST info/feedback over at the AVS Forum. Here is a link to the current postings:

»www.avsforum.com/t/723830/time-w···or/17130

I strongly suggest if you honestly want to do what you say and make this interface better that you really start paying attention to things that will actually make it better. Providing instructions for some convoluted implementation of what is supposed to be a guide filter isn’t fixing the problem, it’s explaining it away and writing it off.

Right now, I’m paying $215 a month for my “Signature Home” service to contend with this monstrosity. So, you’ve put it out via this blog that you care – that’s great. Now, prove it!

Taken From:

»www.twcableuntangled.com/2012/09···comments

Satch

Satch

This is a beautiful DVR user interface below. A six-tuner home integrated Arris Gateway DVR that does everything and has won awards for its functionality and design. This is what TWC should be looking at for its set top boxes. This is the manual:

»www.buckeyecablesystem.com/gatew···uide.pdf

It's a PDF file. You will need Adobe Reader or equivalent software to view it. Buckeye Cable, a little company out of Ohio, has this amazing guide! So a cable company CAN do this! This is the type of guide that TWC should have.

Satch

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

4 edits

Satch, it's NOT that amazing that Buckeye has this - ANY cable co can have this SAME guide/DVR, if they simply choose to purchase it from Arris.
WOW & Bend Broadband are other cable ops using this platform.

It's simply a newer version of the MOXI EPG/DVR platform, that Arris purchased from Digeo. It started out as available ONLY to cable ops, then was released as a consumer (cablecard) product - only to be removed from the consumer market last November.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxi

The current consumer webpage for the basically defunct consumer MOXI:
»www.moxi.com/us/

Arris then came out with this new Gateway/Player whole house DVR system, which is ONLY sold to cable ops (again):
»www.arrisi.com/solutions/whole_h···ndex.asp

Obviously, the likes of TWC & Comcast have choosen NOT to purchase these; instead electing "other" (ie: cheaper, in-house) solutions...

Satch

The reasons why keyword search should be added to ALL TWC Navigator boxes as the default. (Instead of Title Search.)

My most requested feature is to have the keyboards on all boxes (both MDN/ODN) search by keywords. A change of this nature will allow the customer to find exactly what they are looking for in a clear and direct way. Keyword Search also has the potential for a customer to find a "hidden treasure" of a show, which they would not have found by using the Title Search. Keyword Search, looks for all instances of search words typed that are in the system. Titles, Names, Actors, Descriptions can all relate to Keyword Search results. With a Keyword Search, whatever matches are typed by the customer WILL be found across shows, genres, descriptions, and people.

This feature will make the keyboards more useful, meaningful, powerful, and convenient for both customers and TWC employees.

Satch

Satch

2 edits

said by Satch:

The reasons why keyword search should be added to ALL TWC Navigator boxes as the default. (Instead of Title Search.)

My most requested feature is to have the keyboards on all boxes (both MDN/ODN) search by keywords. A change of this nature will allow the customer to find exactly what they are looking for in a clear and direct way. Keyword Search also has the potential for a customer to find a "hidden treasure" of a show, which they would not have found by using the Title Search. Keyword Search, looks for all instances of search words typed that are in the system. Titles, Names, Actors, Descriptions can all relate to Keyword Search results. With a Keyword Search, whatever matches are typed by the customer WILL be found across shows, genres, descriptions, and people.

This feature will make the keyboards more useful, meaningful, powerful, and convenient for both customers and TWC employees.

Satch

PS. The best example of how Keyword Search works better than Title Search. Suppose that you are a sports fan. Under TWC/BHN current keyboard Title only navigation, the listings for sports are organized by NAME of the sport, not Sport Team. So in order to watch ANY football game, you must also know the type of football it is "NFL Football" or "College Football." and then click on each list of games to find the game the customer wants to watch or record.

If the Guide's Keyboard System searched by ALL instances of the keyword typed into the keyboard, you could just type in the team for ANY sports Football, Baseball, whatever, "Tampa Bay Rays" "Miami Dolphins" and your game would be instantly found!

Movie Titles would also be found with the keyboard search set to all as the default. A search for "Godfather" would bring up the movie. A search for "Woody Allen" would bring up "Annie Hall." Keyword Search looks for any phrase, person, cast member, or sports team in the whole database. Keyword Search, set to "All" as the default, would really insure that customers would always be able to find a show. Search time could be cut in half, meaning that customers would spend less time searching and more time enjoying their programing!

Hopefully, when TWC mass distributes the new search system to all of the boxes, one of the following will have taken place:

1.) A software update sets keyword search settings to ALL (not Title) OR.

2.) Users can change the search options to a default setting of their choice. Like the Guide Filtering, propose that this setting for the search option (All, Title, Cast, Sports) will "stick" until the customer changes it.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9

I would be interested in how many people use the search feature, I never have.

Hob

Satch

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

Hobs,

How do you look for programs than? On-line? Through Remote DVR Manager, or through other non-TWC websites? Or just scan through the Time Grid? I search in the guide and use the keyboard. I showed a tutorial how to find Sports with it's title-driven system. Keyword Search is the only big Navigator feature that I want to see added. Other than resolving that 30-40 day slow down flaw, which I was told is being investigated in the labs, I have not had the problems that other divisions have or had.

Satch

Steve Mehs
Gun Control Is Using A Steady Hand
Premium
join:2005-07-16
reply to hobgoblin

said by hobgoblin:

Hob

I used it exactly once. I have this strange unhealthy obsession with the movie Phone Booth, which seems like it used to be on the Cinemax and HBO channels a few times a week. A few months ago I was having withdrawals and did a search for that movie. That’s the only time I ever used the search feature.
--
For the future of our nation, we must unite and vote out the terrorist known as Hussein Obama. Come November 6 2012 we must remove the socialist pig out of office and get our country back on the RIGHT track.

bluepoint

join:2001-03-24

True, but the point is, if the guide comes with a search feature, it might as well work. Whoever, wrote the guide thinks it's a useful feature.

Satch

1 edit

said by bluepoint:

True, but the point is, if the guide comes with a search feature, it might as well work. Whoever, wrote the guide thinks it's a useful feature.

I just don't like TWC taking away features in the Navigator system that Passport had ten years ago. There isn't a modern competitor guide on the planet that does not have the ability to search by keywords. That feature should be there, for everyone, on all the boxes. Several family members and friends have missed shows, especially sports programming because of the lack of a keyword search on the TWC Navigator system.

I don't even need or particularly have a use for a fancy box and fancy features. However, keyword search is absolutely essential for sports programs or general topics that could be entered as keywords. I remember when I first found it on Passport. I thought it was so cool because one word in the search box (known as the keyword) covers everything in the system related to that topic. Customers could find shows related to their search words that they would never have found with Title Search alone. And if you need to find a Title, keyword search covers that as well!

With Keyword Search, whatever information you are seeking on the keyboard gets returned to you. I miss it immensely from the days of the Passport software.

Satch

Satch

San Diego Samsung boxes got a Middleware update to fix some of ODN 5.2.9's problems. Guess is that it could be a prep for ODN 6.0. Don't know what other areas got this update. The Middleware update is ODN 5.2.8. Don't know about the SA-C's/Cisco's.

Satch

Vertigo

@myvzw.com

The Motorola MOCA boxes in LA choked on the update, but over a week later appear to be fixed. It will be interesting to see what's coming next.

Elyria

join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH
reply to Satch

I just don't like TWC taking away features in the Navigator system that Passport had ten years ago.

Just give us a guide that operates [and looks] like an advanced piece of tech. Why, after all this time,TW'ers still pushing out such a horrible navigator. Taking features "away" seems counter productive, considering they've yet to "put in" the necessary programming

DrDrew
So that others may surf.
Premium
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
kudos:14

You make it sound as if there's a large nunber of guides to choose from. What advanced guide software is out there that works with all the services TWC offers? VOD, SDV, Start Over, Look Back, CID, DVR, etc. What guide works on both Motorola and Cisco based boxes?

Many EPG guide features are patented and protected aggressively. TiVo, Rovi, and others are involved in a long series of lawsuits over simple guide features such as grid displays, search functions, "Season Pass" features, and many others.

Making a decent guide that meets all the needed criteria and has the UI/features users want has been a tough job for all the EPG makers. Verizon, Comcast, Cox, and others have their own problems too.
--
If it's important, back it up... twice. Even 99.999% availability isn't enough sometimes.

Satch

said by DrDrew:

You make it sound as if there's a large nunber of guides to choose from. What advanced guide software is out there that works with all the services TWC offers? VOD, SDV, Start Over, Look Back, CID, DVR, etc. What guide works on both Motorola and Cisco based boxes?

Many EPG guide features are patented and protected aggressively. TiVo, Rovi, and others are involved in a long series of lawsuits over simple guide features such as grid displays, search functions, "Season Pass" features, and many others.

Making a decent guide that meets all the needed criteria and has the UI/features users want has been a tough job for all the EPG makers. Verizon, Comcast, Cox, and others have their own problems too.

Good point.

Satch

rv65
Premium
USA!!!!
reply to Satch

Cisco boxes also got an update as well. MW for Cisco is OHT2.0.0.2001

rv65
Premium