spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MrRuckus8
join:2004-01-30
Portland, OR

MrRuckus8

Wow

Wow. Who woulda thought 50 cent would be one of the smarter artists and advise that the current direction the RIAA is going is flawed. I wonder how many other artists support his view.

It just goes to show how much say the artists have. He believes another approach is needed. Hopefully someday one of the big labels will take note and bring something to the table that pleases all parties.

Of course, that's in a perfect world...

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

2 recommendations

FFH5

Premium Member

said by MrRuckus8:

Wow. Who woulda thought 50 cent would be one of the smarter artists and advise that the current direction the RIAA is going is flawed. I wonder how many other artists support his view.

It just goes to show how much say the artists have. He believes another approach is needed. Hopefully someday one of the big labels will take note and bring something to the table that pleases all parties.

Of course, that's in a perfect world...
Wow, a drug dealing criminal supports stealing music. What a shock. I wonder how much of the drugs he was selling he gave away for free? Probably only enough to get his marks hooked.

DotMac4
Shill H8r
Premium Member
join:2007-10-26
Huntington Beach, CA

DotMac4

Premium Member

So you think the music industries' current path is a good one? You really thing it's working well and getting better for them?

I personally don't. Jackson is right regardless of what you think of him personally. The current direction of the music industry is misguided just like the movie industry was misguided when they were fighting Betamax decades ago. Now home video is a multi-billion dollar industry but if the movie studios had their way back then, there would be no such thing as home video today.

fatmanskinny
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
·AT&T FTTP

1 edit

1 recommendation

fatmanskinny to openupshop

Premium Member

to openupshop
said by openupshop:

Why does he have to be a drug dealer? Because he's black...or because you say so you
Uh, because he was a drug dealer and glorifies it in his music. Let's not get Al Sharpton on this.
Jonbo298
join:2004-01-12
Council Bluffs, IA

Jonbo298 to openupshop

to openupshop
I hope you get banned for that kind of remark

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

1 edit

FFH5 to openupshop

Premium Member

to openupshop
said by openupshop:

Why does he have to be a drug dealer? Because he's black...or because you say so you
Because he is one and admitted it himself and also was convicted and jailed for it.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50 ··· rly_life
He also took guns and drug money to school. In the tenth grade, he was caught by metal detectors at Andrew Jackson High School. He later stated, "I was embarrassed that I got arrested like that... After I got arrested I stopped hiding it. I was telling my grandmother [openly], 'I sell drugs.'"[8]

On June 29, 1994, Jackson was arrested for helping to sell four vials of cocaine to an undercover police officer. He was arrested again three weeks later when police searched his home and found heroin, ten ounces of crack cocaine, and a starter gun. He was sentenced to three to nine years in prison, but managed to serve six months in a shock incarceration boot camp, where he earned his GED. Jackson said that he did not use cocaine himself, he only sold it.[1][13][14]
grandpinaple8
join:2006-01-03
New York, NY

grandpinaple8

HCT by your consistent (?) logic (?) it is the people who bought the drugs fault. In the case of copyright infringement you blame the consumer for supporting the so called bad music and say nothing to chastise the labels for producing crap quality. In other words you blame the demand and not the supply. Well what is 50 cent doing wrong here by providing supply (sure he is doing something illegal, which our government had no constitutional control over in the first place). It's the drug users faults for wanting the drugs in the first place!

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

1 recommendation

Count Zero to MrRuckus8

Premium Member

to MrRuckus8
He's not that smart, he just stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night...
Expand your moderator at work

Pashune
Caps stifle innovation
Premium Member
join:2006-04-14
Gautier, MS

Pashune to Count Zero

Premium Member

to Count Zero

Re: Wow

I lol'd. xD

openupshop
join:2000-11-25
Chandler, AZ

1 edit

openupshop to FFH5

to FFH5

Nightshade
Premium Member
join:2002-05-26
Salem, OR

Nightshade to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
Sounds like you're jealous.

FFH5
Premium Member
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to openupshop

Premium Member

to openupshop
said by openupshop:

Already answered you once, before they modded your post out of existence. You either reposted or they put your post back up.

But here is your answer - AGAIN:
»Re: Wow