Premium
join:2004-01-04
Wandering
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..

1 recommendation

50 Cents = Loose Change

First off, 50 Cents had his ass handed to him by Kanye West in the recent album battle from September 11th, 2007. 50 Cent went down faster than boxer Ricky Hatton when Floyd Mayweather Jr hit him on 12/8/07.

Second, his act is running thin. Yes, we heard a million times that you got shot 9 times and survived. Yes, we know you ran a small strip for drug dealing at a young age in Queens, NY. Yes, we know you just about ended Ja Rule's career via your first album and various remixes.

How many times you are going to talk about guns, b*tches, drugs, killing, guns, b*tches, drugs, killing? Kanye outsold him big time because he actually has something other than that to speak about and his albums are better.

50 have no choice but to try and revive his ailing rap career by hoping people share his crap (craft?) with each other in hopes of others buying it.

Yes, he is sitting on Vitamin Water money and has other investments so he doesn't have to rap again. However, his passion is for the music and looks like he may be a few cents closer to not having a rap career anymore.
--
The only place where Success comes before Work is in the dictionary.

nissan552

join:2006-04-09
Granville, MA

Re: 50 Cents = Loose Change

Well really file sharing is really how most of these artists get famous.

ReformCRTC
Support Your Independent ISP

join:2004-03-07
Canada
Bitches, guns drugs and killing is getting a bit old.

icex
Premium
join:2004-05-22
USA
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit
You think 50 cent had his ass handed to him by Kayne West? I realy don't know what your smoking, but please pass it this way. Kayne West's album was a peice of SHIT. There were few good songs on it, "Stronger" and "Can't tell me nothing" is about the only two that come to mind. The rest is shit. 50 cents whole album is good, and every god damn song on it kicks the shit out of Kayne West's album.

Who cares about how many times he raps that he got shot 9 times and survived? It's his rhymes, if you dont like it build him a bridge and get the fuck over it.

Kayne West is a peice of shit that can't rap worth a shit. I don't see how everyone says Kayne West's album is better than 50 cent's. Its a peice of shit. Have you even listened to 50 cents?

All rappers rap about guns and drugs. Who gives a shit, it's their album if they want to rap about it then they will.

Haha. Thats funny right there. 50 has no choice but to try to revive his album. HAHA.

50 cent will always be the best rapper compared to Tupac and Biggie smalls. You might as well kiss Kayne West's career goodbye if you ask me. His last album was a peice of shit, no covering it up.

The_ANoN

@verizon.net

50 Cent = FAIL

50 Cent is probably the worst rapper Ive heard. Youre downright CRAZY if you think 50 is better than Pac OR Biggie. If biggie and/or pac were still alive 50 wouldnt even exist. I can name 10 other rappers who have better flow and lyricism than 50 Cent's whack ass. Yeah, the dude has money and he's a smart businessman, and Im not hating on that, but he just sucks at rapping.

fatmanskinny
Premium
Wandering
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..

1 edit

You have a right to your opinion. I actually listened to 50's last album Curtis and it was terrible. He blasted Ja Rule for "singing" and the tough guy is doing it on his own albums.

Kanye is enjoying more album sales because he is musically better than lame 50. "Gangsta" rap is getting old and rappers need to rap about more than b*tches, drugs and guns.

Here is something to rap about: Being a f**king father to your children and uplifting women. Staying away from drugs and doing the right thing.

Wait, those topics won't give you 5 million in album sales. These so-called rappers are allowing themselves to be b*tched out by company A&Rs and CEOs who don't have to worry about getting shot and can take their kids to the movies because they are standing on the shoulders of these so-called sh*t-hop artists.

--

SRFireside

join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX
'Cent is a one trick pony. He hasn't moved passed his original themes and musical format. Yeah he was a nice novelty when he first came out. His voice was unique and all that sexual innuendo got the teens buying his stuff, but after the novelty faded he didn't show anything else. That's actually a common problem in popular hip hop and has been since the beginning.

FiL
Premium
join:2005-08-16
Silver Spring, MD
So far gone from the point FatMan...

yea, ok thats your opinion of him...fine.

Whats that got to do with him going against the grain an speaking about a new way of getting music?!

fatmanskinny
Premium
Wandering
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..

1 recommendation

My point FIL is that 50 has b*tched and moaned before about people bootlegging his stuff. Now that his music career is tanking (thanks Kanye for real hip hop music that I could enjoy listening to!), he is going to say and do whatever he can to revive it, including his encouraging file sharing.

What do you not understand?
--

nfixit2004
Premium
join:2004-01-06
Brooklyn, NY
"However, his passion is for the music and looks like he may be a few cents closer to not having a rap career anymore"

I dont know about that, I think he will be around for a long time! he is smart player in the game and he knows the industry which counts for alot in the hiphop(or rap(depending on who you speak to)) business. even though I dont like all of his latest music(his first album was a classic, not many will argue that) he has talent, is funny and hes full of controversy which sells in the entertainment industry

just my 2 cents ;+)

ps

FYI(everyones) Im from Brooklyn so I love BIG/JAY MUSIC

fatmanskinny
Premium
Wandering
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast Digital ..

said by nfixit2004:

Same here. BrookNam, Crooklyn, etc. Although I am living in the 'burbs of Atlanta now, I am Brooklyn to the core (including having a thick Nuw Yawk accent!). Lol.

I am heading back to Brooklyn for Xmas through New Years.
--

nfixit2004
Premium
join:2004-01-06
Brooklyn, NY

said by fatmanskinny:

said by nfixit2004:

Same here. BrookNam, Crooklyn, etc. Although I am living in the 'burbs of Atlanta now, I am Brooklyn to the core (including having a thick Nuw Yawk accent!). Lol.

I am heading back to Brooklyn for Xmas through New Years.
a "thick Nuw Yawk accent" you must hear that alot out there, nice transition though from BK to ATL burbs, even though its far away