join:2003-02-12
Marion, OH

Derspankster to Tha ReAlEsT

Premium Member

to Tha ReAlEsT

Re: Good to hear

said by Tha ReAlEsT:
said by Derspankster:

I suppose it's OK, but, I wouldn't get caught dead listening to rap. Hell, I can mumble, swear, and shout just as well as any of the rappers. And, it doesn't cost me a dime.
But you can't do everything else. Write songs, connect with masses of people, have a perfect flow, witty metaphors, punchlines, similes, huge subject matter in a limit of bars, breath control, freestyle of the stop of your dome(head)etc etc.
If you say so.

FiL25
Premium Member
join:2005-08-16
Silver Spring, MD

FiL25

Premium Member

hes right...

you write off the art of lyricism as "rap not worth hearing".

But I bet your a rocker or something to that extent. An I also bet you hate that bubble gum pop rock. Same as us hiphop heads that listen to the genre...

And trust, you cannot carry on 32 bars of music, keep your flow, and recite every last word so the audience hears you like, say, I can every week at open mics...

Derspankster
Premium Member
join:2003-02-12
Marion, OH

Derspankster

Premium Member

said by FiL25:

hes right...

you write off the art of lyricism as "rap not worth hearing".

But I bet your a rocker or something to that extent. An I also bet you hate that bubble gum pop rock. Same as us hiphop heads that listen to the genre...

And trust, you cannot carry on 32 bars of music, keep your flow, and recite every last word so the audience hears you like, say, I can every week at open mics...

Actually, I listen to a wide variety of music, rock, jazz, R and B, classical, and even some country. Rap will never be one of my choices. But, it doesn't make any difference to me at all if others do - and consider it an art form.
jsouth
Jsouth
join:2000-12-12
Wichita, KS

jsouth to FiL25

to FiL25
Rap is nothing like it was back in the day. Now it's just F this or f that and let's kill someone etc. It's gone down hill. Even some of the rappers admit that it needs to be cleaned up.
« WowVitamin Water »
This is a sub-selection from Good to hear