Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to rob in mi

Re: Another reason

said by rob in mi :

Another reason to block javascript.
Or use something like the FF NoScript addon where you can decide what javascripts you will or won't allow to run.
»noscript.net/
--
Internet News
My BLOG
My Web Page

DotMac4
Shill H8r
Premium
join:2007-10-26
Huntington Beach, CA

Better yet how about ISPs not illegally modify copyrighted works.

hottboiinnc
ME

join:2003-10-15
Cleveland, OH

they didnt modify copyrighted works the insert wasnt in an edited page but a frame type page they added on their own network. they're not doing anything illegal

Its actually nice of them to tell you that you're abot to reach your limit.

DotMac4
Shill H8r
Premium
join:2007-10-26
Huntington Beach, CA

4 edits

That isn't what happens.

Rogers using Preftech's methods has to modify Google's HTML to insert the instruction to execute the script. The browser receives the modified HTML with the added SCRIPT line which executes Roger's Preftech doc write-ins filled script which then adds all the crap you see added to Google's page.

Without the original modification of Google's copyrighted HTML to insert the execution line, the execution of Preftech's javascript can't occur.

This is nothing new, this Preftech has been around for years. But in an age where ISPs with break whatever they want or mooch after whoever they want, I see ads coming next. And Preftech advertises their stuff as such.

There is also nothing stopping Rogers from just inserting HTML banner ads instead of java execution commands, making those banners impossible or virtually impossible to circumvent..since you can't tell who added it if it was added at all.

This is just bad all around.