spc
uniqs
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert

Re: Give them an inch, they take a mile.

Yes, you are paying for the connection that is provided to you under the terms that it is provided. Why can't you just say "block the offending material"? I do it right now and it works wonderfully.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

Robert

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

Yes, you are paying for the connection that is provided to you under the terms that it is provided. Why can't you just say "block the offending material"? I do it right now and it works wonderfully.
Because I will not accept this from any ISP - PERIOD. It's not about blocking the material, it's about that they shouldn't be allowed to do this in the first place.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9

Premium Member

Back to my original comment. Save your money, or take it elsewhere. That type of action will be what gets ISPs' attentions the quickest. Whining in a forum or hoping for some inept "net neutrality" law to be passed, won't drive ISPs to change their actions.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by openbox9:

Back to my original comment. Save your money, or take it elsewhere. That type of action will be what gets ISPs' attentions the quickest. Whining in a forum or hoping for some inept "net neutrality" law to be passed, won't drive ISPs to change their actions.
Oh for sure. The minute my ISP (Comcast) imposes this, I will be switching.

But I gotta say Comcast, while it has its "stories", it's pretty good with not getting in my business. But if they happen to impose this, and there is no ability to turn it off on their site for individual customers ("Opt-out feature"), then I switch.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to openbox9

Premium Member

to openbox9
said by openbox9:

I can't take my business elsewhere -- like many, I have only one choice for a broadband connection.

DotMac4
Shill H8r
Premium Member
join:2007-10-26
Huntington Beach, CA

DotMac4

Premium Member

Unfortunately where one ISP goes, many follow.
patcat88
join:2002-04-05
Jamaica, NY

patcat88 to Robert

to Robert
said by Robert:

To what, what are you going to do if AT&T/Verizon/Embarq are doing this? FCC killed line sharing.

Robert
Premium Member
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by patcat88:

said by Robert:

To what, what are you going to do if AT&T/Verizon/Embarq are doing this? FCC killed line sharing.
Even if I did switch, I could only switch to AT&T since they ripped out the copper in my area and replaced it with Fiber.

When the time comes, then I will decide. But I doubt Comcast would do it.