Let's just give it time... They just started testing the darned thing...
People are expecting 10 bonded T3s speeds at freaken 35,000 feet, while moving at 500+ knots per hour.
What most people fail to realize is that this service isn't meant to mirror or even rival their at home FIOS connection or even their at work connection speed. JetBlue is just trying to give its customer yet another choice to keep themselves entertained while they're on a 6 hour flight.
Chatting will satisfy 65% of the JetBlue clientel... The other 35% will be happy to just be able to have access to their crackberry email.
Let's just give this thing time, and see how the technology will evolves.
As long as they don't allow using cell phones on planes I'm happy (Although cell phones don't fcuk with the navigational system... it never did on my little cessna).
Your little Cessna nav system is quite different from a heavy aircraft. While you may be quite comfortable shooting VFR approaches while chatting on the cell, I'd be awfully hesitant to shoot a Cat III (essentially no visibility)approach with cell phone activity happening.