spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Teetimer
join:2007-12-12
The Colony, TX

Teetimer

[Help] Unique?? Disconnect problem on 8231-4

I bought the 8231-4 (version 1000)about a year ago. I had 4-5 PC's connected (2/3 wireless/2 wired) with no disconnect issues. Everything worked great until I could no longer access the setup page. After multiple Belkin support calls they sent me another. It also was a Version 1000 and worked great with no disconnects for 5 days until it died and would not power up. They sent me another replacement and this one was a version 4000. Installed easily and after about 15 minutes the disconnects started and are fixed by rebooting the router. Multiple discussions with Belkin level 2 support and they sent me another Version 4000. Same problem. I can run my old Linksys WRT54G with no issues. I can connect directly to my DSL modem withno issues. Firmware has been updated to .17 bind.
Any ideas?

oristep
@rr.com

oristep

Anon

Looks like familiar problem, many people have or had, including myself. It appears, from what I was able to dig out from net search, that N1 has design flaw, which causes DNS cache corrucption. It also seems there is no good solution. However, jsimmons has been advocating the use of
Belkin MIMO routers as an AP only, in tandem with good guality wired router. I went this route and it proved to be vry good solution, otherwise, you got yo get it of Belkin, which is a shame, as it does have excellent wireless capabilities. Try jsimmons way, it should solve it.