Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

angelique9
Premium
join:2004-03-09
Alhambra, CA

UVERSE upload speed

I was just looking at my modem stats and I noticed I'm getting 25M down and 2M up. Did ATT increase the upload speed? I thought 25/1 was the norm.

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1

27/2 was the norm. at&t recently downgraded all uverse users to 25/2.

CUBS_FAN
Next Year Again..

join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL

Why do you get those speeds? I'm reading that the available packages are 1.5/1, 3/1, and 6/1

cooldude9919

join:2000-05-29
kudos:5

1 edit

thats the speed the gateway syncs up at. Tv/internet all goes through that. The most you can get for internet right now is 6/1.

jgkolt
Premium
join:2004-02-21
Avon, OH

I agree with cool dude.
Though with my speedtests i get 6750/831 which isnt too bad.
--
3 free for you/3 free for me: Free Stock Trades : PM Me

etaadmin

Dallas, TX

said by jgkolt:

I agree with cool dude.
Though with my speedtests i get 6750/831 which isnt too bad.
Really?

How can you get 6750 out of a 6000 plan?

cableguy619
Premium
join:2003-06-24
Chula Vista, CA
reply to angelique9

Since it is shared bandwidth they turn it up a bit

etaadmin

Dallas, TX

1 edit

said by cableguy619:

Since it is shared bandwidth they turn it up a bit
I don't think so.

See. lightspeed.xxx.sbcglobal.net

»/archive?cid=375

jgkolt
Premium
Avon, OH
reply to angelique9

Last Result:
Download Speed: 6590 kbps (823.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 881 kbps (110.1 KB/sec transfer rate)

i just ran a speed test and this is what i got. This is the speakeasy.net/speedtest one to new york from the Cleveland market.

Just like i had with cox they gave you more bandwidth probably since i was so close and the people farther away got closer to the advertised speeds.
--

etaadmin

Dallas, TX

said by jgkolt:

Last Result:

i just ran a speed test and this is what i got. This is the speakeasy.net/speedtest one to new york from the Cleveland market.

Just like i had with cox they gave you more bandwidth probably since i was so close and the people farther away got closer to the advertised speeds.
Please run a speedtest from »www.speedtest.net and post the link.

jgkolt
Premium
Avon, OH

2 edits
reply to angelique9

Fresh uverse install and here are my speed test AGAIN from another site if you don't believe me. But i think my first one from speakeasy was pretty reliable.
--

jgkolt
Premium
Avon, OH
reply to angelique9

I have been having problems with my time warner internet where at night my internet radio skips, i lose packets, voip cuts in and out. I talked to 2nd level tech support and they said they saw 30% packet loss on their end. A guy came out and adjusted the rx tx i guess, new cable ends, removed splitter and now my speed test run from 11 down to 18.5 down. It fluctuates A LOT but it was a nicer speed. can anyone tell my why my home time warner 15 mbps/768up fluctuates so often and my home uverse vdsl barely fluctuates? Is there a problem with my connection if it fluctuates that much?

oh and fyi i just signed up for uverse and i haven't decided if i want to keep time warner or att vdsl yet. especially since dsl has been consistent but cable has faster speeds(sometimes). My cable before fluctuated down to 1-2 mbps at night often. I am supposed to have the 15mbps package.
--

etaadmin

Dallas, TX
reply to etaadmin

said by jgkolt:

Last Result:

Its not that I don't believe you, what I don't believe is what at&t is doing. Seems that at&t is trying different scenarios to see what works and what doesn't.

If you look here »/archive?cid=375 there is one guy/at&t employee that posted a 15/1M test from the uverse network.

jgkolt
Premium
Avon, OH

well it is 25/2 to the gateway but the internet is limited around 6. Wouldn't it be cool if they let you used the unused tv bandwidth for internet when you dont use it.
--

etaadmin

Dallas, TX

said by jgkolt:

well it is 25/2 to the gateway but the internet is limited around 6. Wouldn't it be cool if they let you used the unused tv bandwidth for internet when you dont use it.
I consider cool a fios-like service but I don't think at$t can deliver such a beast.

jgkolt
Premium
Avon, OH

I would much prefer fios but this is cheaper and sbc territory so no verizon for me. They could deliver they will just have to redo what they have been doing.
--

Frohike
Premium
join:2000-07-23
Waxahachie, TX
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to jgkolt

Might be peak time issues with your cable. Let say everyone in your neighborhood gets on their cable at the same time and starts downloading. Everyone is not going to get 15mbps Down due to the bandwidth limit on the cable node. That has always been cables problem and DSL/Uverse's bigging selling point.

With Uverse - its not an issue. 25mbps has to be available at all times for internet and TV use. So bandwidth is not limited on the VRAD. AT&T makes sure 25mbps is available for all customers at the same time.

Could you imagine the backlash AT&T would get if they told customers to try watching TV later when there might be less people watching TV?

jgkolt
Premium
Avon, OH
reply to angelique9

very good point i just didn't think it was that bad. I never had these problems with cox cable internet. but then again cox is a better company than time warner. even during the day it fluctuates 7 mbps difference
--

CUBS_FAN
Next Year Again..

join:2005-04-28
Chicago, IL
Reviews:
·magicjack.com
·AT&T U-Verse
·Comcast
·Vonage
reply to Frohike

said by Frohike:

Might be peak time issues with your cable. Let say everyone in your neighborhood gets on their cable at the same time and starts downloading. Everyone is not going to get 15mbps Down due to the bandwidth limit on the cable node. That has always been cables problem and DSL/Uverse's bigging selling point.

The ability to hack cable modems is getting too popular and affecting people across the world. Let's hope it's not that easy with DSL.

This is the main reason why I'm dropping Comcast like a dead fish. I can barely peak over 2mbps when someone on my node is impairing the whole neighborhood while downloading whatever it may be. With U-verse I'm happy with the steady 6mpbs.

koolkid1563
Premium,MVM
join:2005-11-06
Powell, WY

3 edits
reply to etaadmin

said by etaadmin See Profile
If you look here »/archive?cid=375 there is one guy/at&t employee that posted a 15/1M test from the uverse network.
That may be related to this post: »www.uverseusers.com/component/op···pic,4560

This may confirm that there are others this is happening to?