Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero to TheRul

Premium Member

to TheRul

Re: [game] C9

OK. I am a bit drunk right now. I am going to go jam out to some rock and read what you have to say when I get back.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

join:2001-02-21
Atlanta, GA

Gomez to TheRul

to TheRul
said by TheRul:

Plus he has not moved from CanSnak since he voted for him back at the begining, I am not sure what to make of that....

My other suspect is Catsnak, but if I vote for him that put's him at L-1, I am unsure If I want to do that.
Home from work.

I put my vote on CatSnak, and he reacted poorly. So I haven't seen a reason for moving.

And am I engineering to lengthen the day? Absolutely, the more information that's generated on day one the better for the town. The worst thing is to have a bad lynch or a no-lynch, and nothing to go back on to see who has reacted.

To that I'd say there has been a lot of information thrown out, as well as a lot of reactions, and people actively trying to figure out what it all means.. Much better for the town than having an uninformed vote.

The problem with this sort of play is that it can get a few townies chasing each other while the mafia sits and watches. Fos on Muz for zero contribution on this thus far.

Possibly more as I reread. And congrats on the test, i think .

CatSnak
Live to Ride
Premium Member
join:2001-05-06
Ashland, OR

CatSnak to TheRul

Premium Member

to TheRul
Hmmm, well I'll be off line for a few hours (got the early shift today and get to leave at 2:30 PST) while I commute home and tend to the horses. I'll be back later this evening. Probably around 8:30ish or so PST.

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero to Gomez

Premium Member

to Gomez
Eh. Congrats are welcome, but shots moer so.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

said by Count Zero:

Time to cut him off.
Other than being at L-2 forever, the main reason I think that CatSnak might be scum is that his posts, although personally relevant, are not game relevent. Like he is trying to go low profile but only so far. Does that make sense? Low enough to try not to be detected, but not so low that he does not look like he is trying.
Then again, I could just be chasing my own tail.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by TheRul:
said by Count Zero:

Time to cut him off.
Other than being at L-2 forever, the main reason I think that CatSnak might be scum is that his posts, although personally relevant, are not game relevent. Like he is trying to go low profile but only so far. Does that make sense? Low enough to try not to be detected, but not so low that he does not look like he is trying.
Then again, I could just be chasing my own tail.
So, tell me why the L-2 is so important.. I've seen it used as an argument many times, but it seems based on an assumption that mafia is going to hammer it if they can which is a bad assumption. If they look obvious in the process, it's a losing scenario.

TheRul
Why Not You?
Premium Member
join:2007-09-18
Monterey, CA

TheRul

Premium Member

This is my 3rd C9 game, so please excuse the newbieness of the thought process. My thought is that the Mafia would put one of them selves on Third and maybe fourth. That is my thinking.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by TheRul:

This is my 3rd C9 game, so please excuse the newbieness of the thought process. My thought is that the Mafia would put one of them selves on Third and maybe fourth. That is my thinking.
Understood it's only third game.. That's why I'm explaining it.

Let's take my current L-2, and assume Muz and Blonde Amazon come along a hammer it..

Likely outcome:

End of Day one 4 town, 2 mafia.
End of Night one 3 town, 2 mafia.
Lynch Muz.. End of day two, 3 town, 1 mafia.
End of night two, 2 town, 1 mafia.
Lynch BA... town wins..

A lot can be gleaned from L-1 and what does or doesn't happen, assuming all players check-in to see it. But L-2 doesn't really give the same value given the risk.
Gomez

Gomez to Johnny34

to Johnny34
After review, I'm moving my vote.

Muz's entire contribution to this game thus far:
said by muzscman:

Vote: BlondeAmazon

Just a random.org vote....trying to encourage talk.....
said by muzscman:
said by Count Zero:

test just got out. Eating lunch.
How'd it go??
The second is well after I had stirred things up, and posted looking for input from the other players: »Re: [game] C9

He's flying to far under the radar, for to long. for my tastes.

Unvote CatSnak
Vote Muzscman

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

This I can actually buy. I'll put my vote on muz for right now -- but I will remove it if he gives me proper justification for his lack of input.

unvote TheRul
vote Muzscman

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

Here's my notes thus far after stirring things up...

MD_2_Be

Fairly new.
Asking good questions, and seems to be looking for scum.

sansri88

New.
Not all that active, not looking for scum.

muzscman

Experienced.
Flying low. Very low.

BlondeAmazon

New
Hard read. Not pushing hard, but nothing bad.

CatSnak

New
OMUS vote.. But seems to be trying.

Gomez

Town.

TheRul

New.
Discount the L-2.
Pushing, but it doesn't feel natural..
Ref: »Re: [game] C9
Very defensive..

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

I will point out that BA was a bit of a lurker in the very first C9 game we played together (also with Johnny who was a townie in that game and was killed the first night) and she was mafia that game too.
Count Zero

Count Zero

Premium Member

Well I guess she did point out that she'd be gone for most of today due to X-Mas shopping... Still she hasn't been among the more active members of this board when it comes to game-related chatter.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to Count Zero

to Count Zero
said by Count Zero:

I will point out that BA was a bit of a lurker in the very first C9 game we played together (also with Johnny who was a townie in that game and was killed the first night) and she was mafia that game too.
It's a hard read. New players could very well not be consistent with past games if they have a power role. I have no intention of saying who I think that may or may not be.

Right now, given the prior stirring of the pot, who looks town, who looks scum, and who looks marginal.

The goal is to have an informed vote.. We're well past the time of battling with random votes. There should be enough out there to get a pre-vote consensus to get us to a valid vote.

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Good point. I was just noting a consistency with a previous game.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

2 edits

Johnny34

Premium Member

Official Vote Count

TheRul - 1 (CatSnak)
BlondeAmazon - 1 (muzscman)
Gomez - 2 (TheRul, sansri88)
muzscman - 2 (BlondeAmazon, MD_2_Be)

Seven alive, 4 to lynch.

Not voting: Gomez

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Could you clarify the votes on muzscman please?

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34

Premium Member

Vote has been corrected. Typo.

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero to Johnny34

Premium Member

to Johnny34
Thank you.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by Count Zero:

Thank you.
Done closing another game.. What's your take on each player?

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero to Gomez

Premium Member

to Gomez
Not as detailed as yours.

So far I know that I am town

I know that you've been at L-2 for a very long time right now but you're a good enough player to not flinch when a gun is held to your head... I'm always wary of you Gomez. Were I the cop I'd investigate you tonight.

Muz is all but absent even though he's posted elsewhere on this board recently -- could be scummy, could be careless, could have gotten so bored he's forgotten about this game...

BA is hanging back a bit, not saying much.

Sansri isn't talking very much either - but that seems normal for him, although I believe I've only been in one other game with him and he was mafia that game.

CatSnak died too early in our last game for me to gauge his play styled, but he seems on-task so far.

TheRul has pointed some fingers, but I am not sure about him. he seems interested in keeping attention off of himself perhaps.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

Did you read my post about L-2?

Regardless of my role, I refuse to try preach bad strategy, and I'll get my ass handed to me post game.

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Yes I did read your post about it. It just doesn't "prove" anything per se until you're cleared one way or the other.

You're something of a legend in this room as far as I can tell and that always makes me wary of you. However, you do speak rationally about strategy and therefore I listen to you.
Count Zero

Count Zero

Premium Member

Because I love to recite old war stories, in my very first game Johnny was town and he was giving a lot of good coaching and his posts made sense. However, I couldn't entirely trust him until he was dead unfortunately.

Not saying I want to see you dead, but this early in the game no matter how logical whatever you're saying is, I have to be careful for a twist or a spin.

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez to Count Zero

to Count Zero
said by Count Zero:

Yes I did read your post about it. It just doesn't "prove" anything per se until you're cleared one way or the other.

You're something of a legend in this room as far as I can tell and that always makes me wary of you. However, you do speak rationally about strategy and therefore I listen to you.
Well legend is false.. I took a crew to victory 3 months in a row in "pimp wars", but that's a different game.. Not to say there isn't decent understanding, but I've had my ass handed to me a few times..

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Well right now my strongest suspicions are on Muzscman and TheRul.

However, it is still day one. After the first night when we see the role of the person we lynch and who winds up killed then we can go back through the thread and see what that brings to light.
Count Zero

Count Zero to Gomez

Premium Member

to Gomez
Let me ask -- you FOS'd muz but didn't change you vote to him?

Gomez
ha ha, charade you are

Atlanta, GA

Gomez

said by Count Zero:

Let me ask -- you FOS'd muz but didn't change you vote to him?
I did an FOS for some attention, reread posts, and changed vote here: »Re: [game] C9

Go take a nap..

Count Zero
Premium Member
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Ahh damnit. Sorry I am trying to watch LOTR on TV while I play. it has been a long day.

CatSnak
Live to Ride
Premium Member
join:2001-05-06
Ashland, OR

CatSnak to Johnny34

Premium Member

to Johnny34
Hmmm, some interesting thoughts and explinations.

TheRul - Start barking and maybe you'll catch that tail.

Gomez - Some very good points.

I'm going to leave my vote as it stands for now. I'm thinking TheRul is trying to keep us off him by pointing out things about others.

FoS on muz though.