Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
join:2001-06-27
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34

Premium Member

Reserve Mod

Game mods feel free to forward mod info to me at the start of a theme and/or closed game for safekeeping and use in case of emergency. I will hold it and can step in if mod coverage is required.

I did this in one of the previous games, but had to request players send me their role PMs, which is not ideal.

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
join:2000-11-21
Miamisburg, OH

yock

Premium Member

Given my time constraints lately, I considered having a co-moderator for the Princess Bride game. Personally I'd rather see you signup to play, but if you'd like to assist with moderation I could use the help.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34

Premium Member

Sure - I can help with vote counts, declaring twilight, posting Night. I think the most frustrating time for players is waiting for the Death Scene at Night after finally reaching a majority following hours or days of indecision.

It wouldn't, of course, be wise to have people IMing two mods for actions.

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
Miamisburg, OH

yock

Premium Member

said by Johnny34:

It wouldn't, of course, be wise to have people IMing two mods for actions.
It might be if we can come up with a protocol for handling it. I'll give that some thought and see if I can make it work.

Sarah

join:2001-01-09
New York, NY

Sarah

You could have people submit actions/etc. by e-mail and have a shared e-mail account that you can both log into...
older dog
Premium Member
join:2005-06-09

older dog to Johnny34

Premium Member

to Johnny34
Sounds like a great idea, nothing breaks the fun in a good game like an unexpected break.

Not pointing the finger at any one game since it has happened to so many.

yock
TFTC
Premium Member
Miamisburg, OH

yock to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
There would still have to be a response protocol, like the co-mod would wait one hour after receiving the notice before acting upon it. Something like that. Otherwise the mod and co-mod might end up posting their responses at the same time.

AmeritecTech
Change we can believe in, 1922
Premium Member
join:2002-09-06
Houston, TX

AmeritecTech

Premium Member

said by yock:

There would still have to be a response protocol, like the co-mod would wait one hour after receiving the notice before acting upon it. Something like that. Otherwise the mod and co-mod might end up posting their responses at the same time.
Reply in the e-mail account, "This has been handled." or "Writing night text now."

Akasha
OT Queen
Premium Member
join:2006-08-10
Am I lost?

Akasha to Sarah

Premium Member

to Sarah
That's what we tried to do for that reason.
I had no idea that i would end up doing the game alone, and I just got a new job that kinda makes that difficult. So I do apologize for the players right now.

Johnny34
Fed Up. Bye.
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

Johnny34

Premium Member

While there could be some kind of joint mail account or whatever, I would prefer just to divide up the duties and then, it the chief mod has to be away for unexpected things that have come up, then just hand it all over to the other one.

Two people working at once could divide it so that one does the vote counts, declares Night, and posts the Death Scene, and the other does the communications with the players, calculates the night results and posts Day. That has minimal to no overlap.

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

Except that still doesn't get around the fact that if one of the mods was out and he were in charge of the night actions there would be a delay. Seems like an idea solution might be to forward night actions to both mods so that both could calculate the outcomes and if the primary mod doesn't reply within an hour or something like that the secondary mod could take over and post the stuff?

Akasha
OT Queen
Premium Member
join:2006-08-10
Am I lost?

Akasha to Johnny34

Premium Member

to Johnny34
I would love to Co-Mod with an experienced Mod.

Maybe after the New Year... if anyone is interested, IM/PM me. I'd like to see how it's supposed to be done.

(not you Muz.. I saw how you throw stuff together and hope for the best mod already. tee hee)