GeekJedi
RF is Good For You
Premium
join:2001-06-21
Mukwonago, WI

1 edit
reply to DotMac4

Re: NAtB are a bunch of BS artists

Thanks for the intelligent discourse. It's always helpful to respond with profanity-laced tirades that are long on conjecture, and short on fact.

Well done.

Now...a dose of truth:

Back in the early days of radio, people wanted more choices in radio. There were many more people wanting to create stations than were frequencies. So the FCC allowed "directional" AM stations, where you could direct the signal in certain areas, allowing one to shoehorn in a signal.

In hindsight, how did directional AM's work out for everyone? The AM band is a crowded wasteland. It's sort of the same kind of thing here...except this time, instead of having engineers and the FCC making sure those directional patterns hold and no interference is caused, we are to trust that the equipment is smart enough to work out any issues on its own.

Just like CB radio, GMRS, etc...once the genie is out of the bottle, you can't get it back in. Let's say this stuff causes wide-spread interference. Is the FCC going to go to the public and say "Oops! We made a mistake. Turn off your devices!"? Of course not.

The point is that once the technology is released, there is no impetus to keep anyone honest.

There are some many better ways to do what they want. Let's do something that really works.

--
The goal of the broadcast engineer is to get all the meters on the transmitter to go as far to the right as possible!!

DotMac4
Shill H8r
Premium
join:2007-10-26
Huntington Beach, CA
No thanks. I don't need a dose of NAtB propaganda.

Enjoy ignore.

GeekJedi
RF is Good For You
Premium
join:2001-06-21
Mukwonago, WI

1 edit
I'm hurt!

I love folks like you. You don't want to hear the truth unless it's your version.

Then when challenged with real facts, you respond by doing childish acts.

It's like a three year old. NANANANAH!! I can't hear you!

Enjoy your ignorance. I'm sure it's bliss-filled!