Premium Member
join:2004-01-06
NYC Metro

Tzale to Skippy25

Premium Member

to Skippy25

Re: Amazing

said by Skippy25:

Be as sarcastic as you want, but this is exactly how it should be here: 1 network that services all people that any company can offer service over to provide any service the customer wants. Size is not a factor. It may take longer to implement, but it certainly can be implimented by doing it city wide, then county wide, then statewide, then country wide. Cost would certainly be much higher, but certainly doable in this country when it can pully hundreds of billions of dollars out of it ass for a war or whatever it deems important. Also, as you get the large cities online, they start producing revenue and that helps offset the cost of the rural and more expensive expansion.
No offense, but you're talking out your ass.

There is no way that this could be implemented here.... The government can't do it's job now, how do you expect them to rollout a trillion dollar fiber optic network? And there isn't a demand for it.. I like the current system.. It's 2007 and I have a fiber optic line delivering 20mbps/5mbps, digital tv and digital phone to the side of my house for $138/month.... I don't want or need the government to get involved..

With time, all of America will have some sort of access to broadband. America is a big place, if you can't get fiber in hicktown then move to a place that you can get it in... Nobody is going to run fiber to a town of 200 people.

-Tzale
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

Skippy25

I see, so your opinion is the correct one and anything that disagrees with you comes from someone's ass? How's that ego?

I'm glad you have fiber to your house without intervention. I live in St. Louis, which is a very large city and yet I can't even get the 6mb DSL AT&T offers. So as I enjoy your "move from the hicks" comment, look past yourself for just a moment and realize that these monopolies/duopolies don't work as a free market should. There are way to many barriers of entry for any company to come in and compete in the copper arena and certainly in the fiber one.

The demand is there it just may not be evident. You increase the pipes and they will be used PERIOD. Just like when any corporation increases bandwidth or diskspace it gets used and rather quickly by it's users. With bandwidth will come the innovation to use that bandwidth just as the 640k RAM question eons ago.

This country's government is completely capable of overseeing the build out of a nationwide fiber optic network. They don't have to do it, but they can certainly oversee it and fund it through tax dollars and the revenues generated as it is up and running in different parts of the country.

That would truly open up the innovation and creativity of internet in the US and truly allow competition on all fronts which in the end will certainly be in the countries best interest.

Tzale
Proud Libertarian Conservative
Premium Member
join:2004-01-06
NYC Metro

Tzale

Premium Member

said by Skippy25:

I see, so your opinion is the correct one and anything that disagrees with you comes from someone's ass? How's that ego?

I'm glad you have fiber to your house without intervention. I live in St. Louis, which is a very large city and yet I can't even get the 6mb DSL AT&T offers. So as I enjoy your "move from the hicks" comment, look past yourself for just a moment and realize that these monopolies/duopolies don't work as a free market should. There are way to many barriers of entry for any company to come in and compete in the copper arena and certainly in the fiber one.

The demand is there it just may not be evident. You increase the pipes and they will be used PERIOD. Just like when any corporation increases bandwidth or diskspace it gets used and rather quickly by it's users. With bandwidth will come the innovation to use that bandwidth just as the 640k RAM question eons ago.

This country's government is completely capable of overseeing the build out of a nationwide fiber optic network. They don't have to do it, but they can certainly oversee it and fund it through tax dollars and the revenues generated as it is up and running in different parts of the country.

That would truly open up the innovation and creativity of internet in the US and truly allow competition on all fronts which in the end will certainly be in the countries best interest.
You're complaining about not being able to get 6mbps or more? That is certainly broadband.. I don't see what you are complaining about.... I just got FIOS less than two weeks ago and I live less than 10 miles from NYC.... 99% of Manhattan doesn't have FIOS.. But Verizon is working hard to develop solutions for MDUs... And like I said before, if you don't like what St. Louis has to offer, then move somewhere that does have what you want. It's as simple as that.

-Tzale
« Sucks
This is a sub-selection from Amazing