NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR

NOYB

Premium Member

Question About New Speed Tiers

When Verizon replaces an existing speed tier with new speed tier for the same price, for instance the bottom tier here was 5/2 for $40 after the 2-7 month $10 discount and now the bottom tier is 10/2 for the same price, do they upgrade existing customers to the new speed?

Only had FiOS for about 2 months. If had known they where going to up the 5/2 to 10/2 for same price I would have waited before cutting over my DSL service.

Anyway to get upgraded to the 10/2 speed without penalty? For example under existing contract without extending, starting over, or any fees?
KenAF
join:2006-01-23
Arlington, VA

KenAF

Verizon automatically upgrades 5/2 customers to 10/2, 15/2 customers to 20/5, and 15/15 customers to 20/20 when they roll out the new tiers.

There is no extra charge and nothing you have to do.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

1 edit

NOYB

Premium Member

So any idea on what the time line is? I see 10/2 is being sold here now but my service still seems to be 5/2 according to several speed tests and 'My Account' listing.

KenAF
Arlington, VA

4 edits

KenAF

said by NOYB:

So any idea on what the time line is? I see 10/2 is being sold here now but my service still seems to be 5/2 according to several speed tests and 'My Account' listing.
The 10/2 service is only available in CT, FL, MA(?), NY, NJ, and RI.

The 10/2 listed on the Verizon web site for your area is an error. California, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Texas, Virginia and Washington still only have 5/2 service. There is no 10/2 service in those markets for anyone. Some of these markets are expected to get 10/2 in the first half of 2008.

Dnepr
join:2001-11-28
Tarpon Springs, FL

Dnepr to KenAF

to KenAF
said by KenAF:

Verizon automatically upgrades 5/2 customers to 10/2, 15/2 customers to 20/5, and 15/15 customers to 20/20 when they roll out the new tiers.

Yes there is. They raised my price by about 10$ when their upgraded me from 15/2 to 20/5... Even after talking to supervisors for few days I could not keep the old price.
KenAF
Arlington, VA

1 edit

KenAF

said by Dnepr:

said by KenAF:

Yes there is. They raised my price by about 10$ when their upgraded me from 15/2 to 20/5... Even after talking to supervisors for few days I could not keep the old price.
No, there is not.

All customers' accounts are automatically upgraded without having to do anything. Search past DSLR reports and you will see that.

The only people who got increases were those who subscribed in 2006. When they renewed their contract after it expired, those customers had to pay the new 2007 rates.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

1 edit

NOYB

Premium Member

Yeah it would not make sense that they could raise the price mid contract. Worst case is they would have to leave at previous speed and price until contract expires. But they can always over deliver and only an idiot would complain about that.

Guess I just have to wait for them to actually get the new tiers rolled out here and hope they do indeed bump the speed for existing customers.
NOYB

1 edit

NOYB to KenAF

Premium Member

to KenAF

Interesting. I go to verizon.com, click on FiOS more info link, put in my zip code, click on "Packages & Prices" and get this:

Fast 10 Mbps download 2 Mbps upload
Order Online & Save $119
1st month FREE
$29.99 months 2-7
$39.99 thereafter

Then I click the "Can I get it?" button and enter a neighbors address and get this:

Fast Up to 5 Mbps/2Mbps
Order Online & Save $124
1st month FREE
$34.99 months 2-7
$44.99 thereafter

Suck people into the process then lower the speed and bump the price.
Bait and switch.
KenAF
Arlington, VA

1 edit

KenAF

said by NOYB:

Interesting. I go to verizon.com, click on FiOS more info link, put in my zip code, click on "Packages & Prices" and get this:

Fast 10 Mbps download 2 Mbps upload
Order Online & Save $119
1st month FREE
$29.99 months 2-7
$39.99 thereafter

Then I click the "Can I get it?" button and enter a neighbors address and get this:

Fast Up to 5 Mbps/2Mbps
Order Online & Save $124
1st month FREE
$34.99 months 2-7
$44.99 thereafter

Suck people into the process then lower the speed and bump the price.
Bait and switch.
The problem there is that they are listing promotional offers for NY(?). Only NY(?) customers are supposed to see that.

Promotions differ by area and competitive conditions.

PDACPA
@tbdsl.com

PDACPA to NOYB

Anon

to NOYB
www.speedtest.net is where FIOS techs test the speed

Dnepr
join:2001-11-28
Tarpon Springs, FL

1 edit

Dnepr to KenAF

to KenAF
said by KenAF:

said by Dnepr:

said by KenAF:

No, there is not.

All customers' accounts are automatically upgraded without having to do anything. Search past DSLR reports and you will see that.

The only people who got increases were those who subscribed in 2006. When they renewed their contract after it expired, those customers had to pay the new 2007 rates.
When Flordia got the speed increase I called and asked them about the switching, they told me about 10 times from different people and few supervisors that people would not be upgraded automatically and that I would have to pay a premium of about 10$ per month or I would be stuck with old speed.

I signed up in 2006 but was in middle of my contract, not the end...

Obviously they could've just all lied to me... wouldnt be the first time.

Fact of the matter is they increased my price by 10$ per month while I was in middle of my contract.

You can deny it all you want, I honestly dont give a crap, I trust me credit card statement and my eye's more then some kid on the internets.

BryanOnComc
join:2007-06-22
Brandon, FL

BryanOnComc to NOYB

to NOYB
same for me Dnepr

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat to PDACPA

to PDACPA