Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

1 recommendation

[Verizon] Found a lost phone

I have found someones lost phone, do I just take to any Verizon dealer or is there specified ones I need to take it too?

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
Reviews:
·Comcast

Any one should do. Can also try dialing 611 from the handset and tell the CSR you found the phone..see where they say to bring it.

.. that's quite nice of you to return it, I'm sure someone is going to be very happy to have their phone back

Merry Christmas!
--
~Safe Hex~ Team Discovery ~ Project Hope ~ Like A Hurricane~

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
reply to Cthen

Try calling some of the numbers in the phone book and see if you can find the owner.

Expand your moderator at work

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Cthen

Re: [Verizon] Found a lost phone

I found a T-Mobile phone a few weeks ago. Called 611 and they put me on hold and got in touch with the owner on the other line. Told her to come pick it up from me.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..

1 recommendation

reply to Cthen

Thanks all, I know if my phone was lost I would want it returned. Around here there are wireless dealers who are dealers of multiple carriers including Verizon.

Tomorrow I will call 611 on it seeing as I don't think there is anything I can really do about it today lol.

NY Tel
Premium
join:2004-04-09
Smithtown, NY
kudos:3

Well if you do get a chance to call today, that would be a nice Christmas gift for the owner of the phone since they may have reported it stolen. Dialing *611 guarantees that you get connected to the Verizon CSR's.

If you want to find out the phone number of the phone without snooping around in the menu, dial 800 444-4444 and it will tell you the number although Verizon will see it on their display when you call them.
They have the ability to call the owner at home or send them an e-mail etc.

You are doing the right thing as most of us would. Have a great holiday.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to Gbcue

said by Gbcue:

Try calling some of the numbers in the phone book and see if you can find the owner.
And then what, have the owner come meet some stranger ? Take it to a Verizon store, ideally a corporate one and not a reseller, or call 611 as suggested.

burgerwars

join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA

3 edits
reply to Cthen

If what you happened to find was a Diamond Crypto Smartphone ( for a picture, see »www.handcellphone.com/archives/t···-can-buy ), it's mine. I bought it at Wal-Mart, but lost it taking it home on the bus. It only sells for $1,300,000. Please contact me and I'll pick it up. Thanks for finding it.

HolmanGT
HolmanGT
Premium
join:2001-11-20
Washington, UT

Burgerwars,

What ya think, $4.95 a month for replacement insurance?

burgerwars

join:2004-09-11
Northridge, CA

said by HolmanGT:

Burgerwars,

What ya think, $4.95 a month for replacement insurance?
Uh, oh. Whoops, I forgot.

Paulg
Displaced Yooper
Premium
join:2004-03-15
Neenah, WI
kudos:1
reply to Gbcue

Thats what I did when I found a phone on campus, called "mom" and left a voicemail saying that I had found her son/daughters phone and to have them call me on my cell to make arrangements to pick it up.

ttiiggy
Premium
join:2001-03-27
Bozeman, MT
reply to Cthen

In case of emergency or ICE

In Case of Emergency, or ICE, is a program that enables first responders, such as paramedics, firefighters, and police officers, to identify victims and contact their next of kin to obtain important medical information. The program was conceived in the mid-2000s and promoted by British paramedic Bob Brotchie in May 2005.[1] It encourages people to enter emergency contacts in their cell phone address book under the name "ICE". Alternately, a person can list multiple emergency contacts as "ICE1", "ICE2", etc. The popularity of the program has spread across Europe, and has started to grow into North America.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_case_of_emergency

NY Tel
Premium
Smithtown, NY
reply to Cthen

Re: [Verizon] Found a lost phone

So don't leave us in suspense....did you find the owner???

Michail
Premium
join:2000-08-02
Boynton Beach, FL
kudos:1

I usually just dial the "Mom" entry and then meet up with the owner. Never realized it was perhaps a safety issue.

JoelC707
Premium
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL
kudos:5
reply to Cthen

I also suggest the option of calling 611 and asking the CSR but looking through the contacts or recent calls is also a good idea and will liekly get the phone back to the owner quicker than a Verizon store would. My dad lost his phone earlier this year and we had the phone service shut off on it that night. We left the direct connect portion on (Nextel phone) so we could try locating it but we never did and we never had it fully deactivated.

Well one day I get a "call" over the radio from my dad's phone. Turns out it was at the church like we thought it was but we never could find it. The lawn maintenance guys found it and gave it to the pastor who put his Nextel battery in it and started going through the contacts until he found me. I went and picked it up that day and sure enough it looked like it had been outside a few months. Dad got a better clip after that so it wouldn't fall out so easily.

Irun Man
Spartan up
Premium
join:2002-10-18
Walden, NY
reply to Cthen

Best thing to do is to contact the carrier directly; if the subscriber reports the handset lost/stolen you may be blocked from making any calls from the phone except 911 and 611 anyway.

We have a damaged Boost Mobile handset @ work that has gone unclaimed after two weeks. I put their SIM in our Nextel and left a voice message at the "Home" contact but no one responded. Boost Mobile CS took our info in case the sub calls looking for their phone, nothing so far.
--
Don't pay ME back, pay it forward.

bdww00

join:2006-09-30
Decatur, IL
reply to Cthen

Call in to see if the ESN is on an account. They cannot give you information on the account holder's personal info.

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
reply to Cthen

I was skiing at Mount Snow in VT between Xmas and New Years. Found a phone on the slopes and put it in my jacket. At lunch, I looked at the last call and it was to dad. I called and spoke to the kids dad. He was amazed someone wouldn't take the phone. I asked if he had a way to contact his son so I could hand it to him. He didn't and asked that I turn it in to the customer relations area at the bottom of the mountain.

I figured it was best if I could physically hand him the phone vs give it to someone else. The kid was staying with friends near the mountain and the dad was going to contact the friends parents to pick it up at the lodge.

My oldest daugter accidently dropped her phone while in Disney 2 or 3 years ago. We didn't know it yet as it was in the parking lot of the hotel when we were coming back the previous night. Someone found it and called the last number which was my wife. We met the guy that found it, staying at our hotel. It was a guy about college age and we have him $20.
--
Tweaked your connection? | Mail Parse | Speed Converter

NY Tel
Premium
Smithtown, NY

1 edit

Ahhh David your Pearl Suretype is showing again....lol :
I've always wanted to have lunch with a St. lol
how about typing the word "are" and it substitutes "see".)

For that reason and after 4 years of suretype, I opted for the 8830 this time after getting rid of the 7130e that you also had. I wanted try a full QWERTY again and so far I like it. My wife has a pearl and there are times when I envy the size.

Anyway, MIL lost her phone in a Nursing home while visiting her sister and she never saw it again. I would guess these days with the ability to permanently shut off the ESN/EMEI across all carriers, it has cut down on "un-returned phones" for the educated masses anyway.
On a recent flight back from Denver, the flight attendant had placed her personal cell down on a seat while trying to do the "luggage balancing act". Unfortunately it was "OFF" and throughout the 4.5 hour flight back here, she repeatedly asked passengers for help finding it. When we landed, it still had not materialized.
Where could it have gone?

GeekNJ
Premium
join:2000-09-23
Waldwick, NJ

SureType - Mt vs My is usually my biggest oops. are and see is a popular one though my 8130 better picks the right one more then my 7130 did.

I imagine the lost phone happens 1000's of times a day.