Shamayim
Premium Member
join:2002-09-23

Shamayim to cacroll

Premium Member

to cacroll

Re: HorseShit

said by cacroll:

they need to remove their heads from their arseholes, and come up with a business model that encourages people not to support piracy.
What IS the "business model" that encourages people not to support piracy other than FREE?

cacroll
Eventually, Prozac becomes normal
Premium Member
join:2002-07-25
Martinez, CA

cacroll

Premium Member

said by Shamayim:

What IS the "business model" that encourages people not to support piracy other than FREE?

Go shopping at the mall. Do all stores there have anti-theft gates?

Most people believe in paying for honestly and responsibly manufactured and marketed products, and advise others to pay for those products. They go shopping, and they pay for the products. Many stores don't need anti-theft gates, and they don't give their products away either.

On the other hand, "sell" me something and tell me not to share what I buy with my friends, or pay extra to use it in my car than in my home, and I'll tell you where to get off.
nutcr0cker
join:2003-04-02
Chandler, AZ

1 recommendation

nutcr0cker to Shamayim

to Shamayim

Enough freedom for the masses

Internet has enabled the wretched masses a taste of freedom. It's about time we clamp the hoses of free information.

1 Ban all those torrent files(filter or otherwise), ban all the sites that even have links to illegal content
2. Ban any dissenting sites in the name of national security
3. Allow only the sites that are not against us

Putin has laid an exemplary parable for the new world order and the commies at the time magazine name him the man of the year

RePutin
@usf.edu

RePutin

Anon

said by nutcr0cker:

Internet has enabled the wretched masses a taste of freedom. It's about time we clamp the hoses of free information.

1 Ban all those torrent files(filter or otherwise), ban all the sites that even have links to illegal content

Putin has laid an exemplary parable for the new world order and the commies at the time magazine name him the man of the year
What has Putin to do with any of this? Are you so brainwashed that you think Putin is responsible for censoring the internet? Are you seriously that naive?

Wow some Americans...
amigo_boy
join:2005-07-22

amigo_boy to cacroll

to cacroll

Re: HorseShit

said by cacroll:

On the other hand, "sell" me something and tell me not to share what I buy with my friends, or pay extra to use it in my car than in my home, and I'll tell you where to get off.
Sorry, but that's not convincing. You have a choice not to buy if you don't agree with the terms of the sale.

However, I do agree that copyright has *immensely* tilted toward artists and publishers. It used to be a balance between the artist and society to encourage creative people to create, and recompense society for involving itself in a private market transaction (to facilitate a market for creative people).

The best example is Windows 3.1 It won't enter the Public Domain until around 2070. It wouldn't be worth much to anyone today. How will society be recompensed in 2070?

Your argument sounds like theft. Whereas, if you use my argument it sounds like society is being robbed. Disrespect for copyright could be argued to be a noble act of civil disobedience.

It might resonate more with people who are opposed to theft. It might convey the fundamental problem.

Mark

Dnepr
join:2001-11-28
Tarpon Springs, FL

Dnepr to nutcr0cker

to nutcr0cker

Re: Enough freedom for the masses

said by nutcr0cker:

What has Putin to do with any of this?

Some Americans...

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios to nutcr0cker

to nutcr0cker
right... and end up like China no thanks

also what about legit uses of bit torrent like say.. the patcher for WoW and some small aps

the day the US bans sites is the day i leave the US

but im sure you would of been happy in the old Soviet Union right were any one could be wisked off in the night never to return and that included some of the most loyal members of its inner workings
« last time i checked..Ouch! »
This is a sub-selection from HorseShit