uniqs

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One to Karride

MVM

to Karride

Re: I think I'm done with Infocus projectors.

The color wheel issues normally only come up when you have dirty filters. I learned the hard way that you have to clean them all the time, even if the PJ doesn't see much use. When the power switch is on, the fan runs, sucking in dirt, even when you aren't using it.

I say normally, but obviously not always. I went through the X1, X1a, and X3. (unfortunately I sold my X3 to a friend, who ended up having the same color wheel issues you have described) I didn't have much trouble with them, once I started cleaning the filters every 2 weeks.

paul
Granpa Paul
MVM,
join:2001-07-14

paul

MVM,

said by Camelot One:

(unfortunately I sold my X3 to a friend, who ended up having the same color wheel issues you have described)
That would be me who ended up with the X3. While the unit didn't have many hours on it, perhaps it being used (heat) and then shipped to me caused the glue to let loose a bit. Soon after being put in service again, the light tunnel partially collapsed, after some searching by Camelot One, he found out the issue, I tore it down and reglued the light tunnel. Unfortunately, in the process, I bumped the color wheel, and it separated. I reglued it, and used it for a bit, but it has a whine in it now, which leads me to suspect it's fixing to go in orbit.

A mutual friend said if we could come up with a part number for the color wheel (not Infocus's) he could get one for me. A good friend wants a low budget projector for games, I have plans to tear it down again, see if I can get a part number and get it going again. If it pans out, I'll post something.